15

As Kai had sent his message coming out to the Chelsea lads, in Liverpool his boyfriend Trent was doing the exact same thing in the Liverpool group chat.

Trent: I just wanted to tell you guys this before I see you face to face some of you know but most of you don't. Its taken a lot of courage to decide to tell you guys this but having somebody by my side has made this decision easier. So what I want to tell you guys is I'm pansexual, yes I like people regardless of their gender. So that's it really see you at training.

Giving a sigh, Trent got up and got ready to leave for training, nobody was picking him up today unfortunately so it made him all the more nervous for going to training. When he pulled up at the training ground Trent was thankful that Robbo was waiting for him

'Trent, I'm proud of you, it was a very brave thing to come out'
'Thanks, well I know that Kai is telling Chelsea about him so we decided to do it on the same day'
'That's good for both of you then'
'Yeah, the only thing I need to do now is tell my international teammates'
'When are you planning to do that'
'Not sure yet'
'Well just wait till your ready, there's no rush, now let's go and see everyone else'
'Thanks Robbo'

Trent and Robbo went into the changing rooms where the rest of the team were waiting. Kostas pulled Trent into a hug and Harvey, Fabio and Curtis followed. The older members of the squad stayed back and let the youngsters have their moment. When they stepped back Hendo stepped forward to address Trent.

'I just want to say this, and I hope that I speak for the whole squad in saying, I am proud of you for coming out and I know that it wasn't an easy decision for you to make but we are all here if you need to speak to us about anything'

The rest of the squad cheered to show their support

'Thanks guys, your support means so much to me'
We'll always be here for you Scoucer' said Kostas
'Well said' added Virgil
'Right, we have to get to training but Trent we can have a bigger conversation about this later if you want' said Hendo
'Yes please' replied Trent

The squad all got ready and went out for training with Trent feeling much better about the situation and hoped that things were going just as well for Kai.