20

Kai was sitting in his flat in London with Mason, Chris and Kepa. Reece and Ben were somewhere else doing goodness know what. They were all there ready to watch the Liverpool vs Napoli game, but first Kai was waiting to see the team sheet come out.

"Kai, sit back a bit, your heads almost touching the screen," Chris chuckled as Kai was leaning so far forward off the sofa that his nose was practically touching the screen of the TV.

"Yeah you just need to relax dude and remember to keep breathing it's not even time for kickoff yet," Mason added and Kai realised that he was, in fact, in fact holding his breath. He allowed himself to breathe again and was gulping in oxygen.

"Right, the lineup is due to be sent out in a few minutes," Kepa said.

They, well Kai, spent the next couple of minutes staring intently at the screen waiting for the line-ups to come out. After what seemed like an age Chris shouted that the line-ups were out.

"Hang on," Mason said after looking over Chris's shoulder at the team sheet, "Trent isn't playing."

"What, why!" Kai said panicking slightly at the thought something was wrong with his boyfriend.

"Hmm, it doesn't say," Kepa said.

"I'm gonna text him," Mason added.

A little while later and Mason received a text back from Trent.

"He says that he wasn't feeling great and Jurgen allowed him to take the game off."

Kai wasn't convinced by that and one look at Mason told him that the other male thought the same. However, they all decided to leave it be and just focus on the game, Kai made up his mind to face time Trent as soon as everyone had left his flat.

The game was quite enthralling and by the end of it, Liverpool just about managed to scrape a 4-3 victory out of it. Kai was absolutely delighted and Chris was pleased because Kai was happy although they were careful not to show too much excitement. Mason left soon after the game had finished as he was going to meet up with Declan and Kepa decided to leave with him leaving just Kai and Chris.

"So are you going to call Trent?" Chris asked.

"Yeah, but how did you know?"

"Just a feeling."

Kai did pick up his phone and quickly set up a facetime with Trent. It took a couple of rings but the scoucer picked up looking thoroughly worse for wear.

"Trent, are you alright why didn't you play?" Kai asked in concern.

"Yeah, no offence but you look half-dead there."

"Chris."

"It's fine, but I didn't sleep well and the gaffa and Skipper thought it was best for me to sit the game out."

"Erm, I just need to go and do something, be back soon," said Chris just before getting up and walking out of the room.

"Trent."

"Its-I-I-I had a nightmare last night."

Kai didn't say anything, he just let Trent carry on talking realising that if he butted in then Trent wouldn't open up.

"It wasn't a great nightmare and according to Hendo and Robbo I screamed so loud that I woke up the entire squad."

Looking at Trent, Kai wished that they weren't separated by a screen and that he could pull his boyfriend into his arms and not let go.

"Then I ended up having one panic attack and nearly having another. I didn't sleep well for the rest of the night. In a description by Harvey, I looked like a zombie and was told to take the game off."

"Oh Trent, you don't deserve this to happen to you at all. I almost can't wait till this weekend for you to visit me."

"Neither can I."

Chris then came back into the room and plonked himself back down on the sofa.

"So did you finish what you needed to do?"

"Oh yes, so how is life up in Liverpool Trent? Are you getting bored cause if you are you could always transfer to Chelsea?"

"Well, I don't think that Reece would be very happy with that."

"Nah, he'd be delighted to get some competition for a change."

"Oh, is our competition for an England place not enough for him?"

"The more competition the better I always say."

"Hmm, but I'm sure that Kai would much rather transfer to Liverpool."

"Kai! You wouldn't think of abandoning your brother like that, would you?"

"I'm not sure, but it's a very tempting offer."

"Betrayed by my own brother, how could you Kai?" Chris asked in mock indignation.

"Well, I'm sure that we could get you a transfer to Liverpool as well, if you don't mind having to compete with Luis for a place."

"Never mind, I'm perfectly happy at Chelsea anyway."

"If your sure you don't want to join me."

"It's fine, I've got Kepa anyway."

"Trent, do you hear this? I'm already being replaced and I haven't even left yet, its unacceptable."

"I can hear loud and clear Kai, I do agree with you that it's unacceptable."

"I'm being teamed up on here."

"Well, I can't go against by boyfriend can I?" Trent and Kai chorused at the same time.

"I feel like I'm third wheeling here."

Trent and Kai both started laughing and a few moments later, Chris also joined in. They all continued for a little while longer with some lighthearted banter until Trent had to go due to him having to get the flight back to England with his teammates. When the call disconnected, Kai just sat there staring wistfully at the screen.

"I know that you miss him."

"Yeah, it's hard always being away from each other but on the bright side we are meeting up on Saturday, Liverpool are playing Crystal Palace away."

"That's good."

"Thank you for leaving the room earlier."

"It's not an issue, I could tell that you needed time to speak between yourselves. Trent isn't a bad sort and I will bollock you if you hurt him and also the other way around."

"Thanks for having my back Chris and you'd probably need to get in line for bollocking me I'm sure that Robbo would want first dibs."

"True, true."

♡◇♡
What do you think, shall I bring back the England group chat in the next chapter and if you do what shall I include in it?