Take me to Valhalla - Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw

Set: Bar Scene

Word Count: 1400

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

Although I know my comrades well and didn't exactly expect them to properly greet me, I still got disappointed when I entered the bar and didn't hear an applause. Then again, they never do that.

"Valkyrie! Take me to Valhalla!" Hangman shouts as I step towards the table with Phoenix, Fanboy and Payback behind us.

"Only if you admit I'm faster than you." I smirk back, crossing my arms. Hangman shakes his head in disappointment.

"Guess I'm going to hell." He looks up at me and grins, chuckling.

"It's good to see ya, Hangman." I nod at him and he smiles back. I step over to him and he pats my shoulder.

"Who are your friends?" he nods towards Phoenix and the boys. Phoenix smirks, knowing exactly what Hangman is like.

"These are Fanboy and Payback." she nods towards her companions.

"Boys, this is Bagman."

"Hangman," he corrects her.

"Whatever." she shakes her head.

I grab a cue and lean down against the table. I concentrate on my shot and bump the stick backwards into Hangman when I realize he's staring at me.

"My eyes are up here, Hangman." I smirk, hitting the perfect shot. I stand back up and look at Hangman, who's just smirking. He likes to cause problems and he knows it.

"You could get us some drinks instead of makin' eyes at Valkyrie." Phoenix says and Hangman smiles before walking away to the bar.

I watch him walk away and spot an older gentleman sitting at the counter. I nod at him as a sign of respect, he smiles back and I get back to the game.

"Any of you know what they're callin' us here for?" Payback asks, taking a sip of his drink.

"I don't know, but they're getting all the best ones, for sure." Phoenix answers.

Hangman comes back with four beers in his hand and hands me and Phoenix one.

"Speaking of the devil," Hangman points at the door and we all see an all too familiar face, wearing an all too familiar outfit walk towards us.

"Bullseye." I whisper and get a fist bump from Hangman. He might be an asshole, but he's a good friend.

"Bradshaw!" Phoenix says loudly, "Is that you? This is how I find out you're stateside?"

Rooster grins and stands behind Phoenix, who's playing: "Yeah, I just thought I'd surprise you."

"Hmm," Phoenix says, hitting Rooster with the cue, "guess I surprised you back."

Rooster smiles up at her and I grin from the other side of the table.

"It's good to see you." Rooster says to Phoenix.

"Good to see you too." Phoenix answers.

Rooster walks over to me and Hangman, but he's quicker.

"Bradshaw. As I live and breathe."

Rooster nods: "Hangman. You look... good."

"Well I am good, Rooster. I'm very good. In fact, I am too good to be true." he smirks.

I roll my eyes at him and take another sip of my beer. The two continue talking and I walk over to Phoenix, watching the boys diss each other.

Hangman gets super close to Rooster and ultimately says: "I love this song!"