Under the stars - Tom "Iceman" Kazansky

Set: The navy is having a formal party to celebrate a successful mission/ 1986

Word count: 1902

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

All you can hear are people laughing, the pilots making the same old jokes, admirals looking down at them with the same disappointment.

But somehow, it's still different. Everyone is wearing their white, formal suits. Each navy pilot was allowed to bring a date, the most of which declined the offer.

Instead of beer, there's a glass of whiskey in their hands while they play dart, or poker at the table.

Iceman arrives with his two wingmen, Slider and Cougar, immediately radiating dominance. The few women who are around stare after him as he walks towards Commander Metcalf.

"Evening, sir," he says, giving the commander a cocky smile. Metcalf looks up at the men and nods: "Gentlemen."

After greeting their commander, they head over to the bar, where Goose and his wife are sitting at the counter.

"Goose," Tom says.

"Ice," Goose replies.

The tension between the two is grand, but they're keeping it minimal and at the same time polite. A conversation wouldn't even begin between the two, but Carole had other plans.

"Hey, is Rogue coming?" she asks Iceman, him and her husband both confused that she's talking to him.

"Uh- I think so. I called her," Iceman answers politely.

Carole smiles: "Great, I love that girl." Her cheeks grow rosy as she smiles happily, knowing that her and Rogue are amazing friends.

The music starts playing louder, bringing more and more people to dance. Slider and Cougar both bring their dates there, and Iceman stays back by the bar counter.

He watches his friends dance and laugh, sipping his glass.

Out of the corner of his eye, he catches a glimpse of something blue and turns around to see her.

Your (Rogue's) POV:

My heels click against the concrete floor as I step into the hall, seeing many of my pilot colleagues dance with each other, laughing and having a good time.

I decided to go with the navy's color, wearning a navy blue evening jumpsuit. Which is elegant enough, but it doesn't look like I'm trying too hard.

I let my eyes pass over the people's faces, looking for a specific one that I find, already staring at me.

Smirking, I take long steps towards him and slow down, doing a 360 in front of him before walking up and greeting him with a smile.

"You all alone?" I tease him and he smirks down at me for always trying to annoy him.

"You look good," he changes the subject and I smile up at him, nodding.

"You too."

His smiles grows, leaning down to peck my lips.

"Drink?" he asks me, turning to the bartender and waving at him.

I nod: "Uh- yeah, scotch on the rocks with a twist. Thanks."

I run a hand through my hair and feel Ice staring at me.

"We literally flew a mission together yesterday. You can't possibly miss me that much?" I chuckle and look up at him.

"Oh and how I do," he whispers, leaning down and whispering into my ear, "and tonight I'm not letting you out of my sight."

I blush, grabbing my drink and walking away, towards the others, who are now sitting on some sofas.