Bike and Beach - Pete "Maverick" Mitchell

Set: 1986, North Island beach

Word count: 1209

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

"Just a sec!" I shout at the door, hearing the doorbell ring. The mirror in my hallway is perfect to check and see if my outfit looks okay.

White, soft and wide pants with a matching white tank top, covered by a milky scarf. Beige espadrilles to match the golden necklace around my neck.

I smile, feeling happy and confident. My steps are quick towards the rustic old door, pressing down the doorknob and pulling it back towards me, revealing him.

Standing there, leaning against his motorcycle, leather jacket over his shoulders, jeans and black glasses to match. His lips are slightly parted as his eyes follow my slow steps towards him.

I stop mere inches away from him and look up into his eyes. His arms wander around my waist, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

"Hi," I whispers, a smile growing accross my lips. His grin peeks out and he stares at me in awe.

"You look amazing," he whispers back, slowly attaching his lips to mine in a slow, gentle kiss. I close my eyes, holding onto his shoulders.

I don't know what it is, but the scent of his cologne, the wispy scent of the motocycle's gas, they all add to the familiar smell he brings every time I see him. And I love that about him.

Mav pulls back, staring down into my eyes and smiling.

"Let's go for a ride."

...

Wind rushes through my hair as I hold onto Maverick's waist, cruising through the empty roads heading to the coast of North Island.

The warm atmosphere takes over my mind and I lean my head onto Maverick's shoulder, smiling to myself. He feels happiness and relaxation creep up into his heart, speeding down the highway.

He drives up to the parking lot, stopping his bike and letting me get off before doing so himself. The sun is already pretty low, giving the sky a clear, orange-reddish colour.

I smile at Mav and grab his hand, intertwining our fingers and pulling him to the sand.

"Come on!" I laugh, and he does too, following me to the crashing waves.

"Wait- Jen-" Maverick laughs, letting go of me to take off his shoes. But I don't wait for him, slip out of my own and run down to the water, feeling the cold brush onto my bare feet.

Before I can look turn around to look at Maverick, I feel someone pick me up and turn me around in the air.

"Ahh, no!" I laugh, holding onto his arms. Then I stretch my arms up into the sky, embracing the breeze passing through my fingertips.

Mav puts me down and turns me towards him. His smile is huge as he laughs, holding onto my arms. There's no one around, and the sun is setting, the sky painted pink.

I look up at him and slowly take off his sunglasses, hanging them into his shirt. The wind gets stronger and the scarf around my neck suddenly slips off of me.

But before I can catch it, it flies off towards the ocean, going further than I can. Both of us are watching as it disappears and I chuckle.

"You cold?" Mav smiles down at me, taking off his jacket and putting it around my shoulders.

I hold onto his arm as we walk along the water, down the long strip of beach, turning to look at the jets flying by. Their engines fill the atmosphere with a booming sound as they pass, making my heart skip a beat.

I suddenly hear a piano play in the distance and stop walking, putting a hand onto Maverick's chest.

"Do you hear that?" I ask, smiling up at him.

He frowns at first and recognizes the song: "Is that what I think it is?"

I laugh: "Yeah, it is. Imma tell the world that you're mine, mine, mine, mine."

Maverick smiles at my impression of Goose singing Great Balls of Fire.

"He sounds nothing like that," he laughs.

"Oh, really? What does he sound like, then? Should I grow one of those mustaches too?"

We both laugh: "That would help, actually." Maverick says and I playfully push him to the side.

We continue walking along the water and Mav slides an arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

"Any missions worth talking about lately, Lieutenant Mitchell?" I grin.

Maverick smiles down at me and stops walking to look at the sunset.

"Only one."

"And what's that?"

"One where I had to land in Havana to refuel, and had time, to get this."

He pulls a rectangle box out of his pocket, and holds it up to me. It's decorated with a golden ribbon, sparkling in the sunlight.

"What is it?" I look up at Mav holding his jacket so that it doesn't fall off my shoulders.

"Open it," he says quietly, handing me the box, "I want you to see it in the sunlight."

I look down at the box and pull off the ribbon, lifting up the lid. My smile grows as I see a beautiful golden necklace, with a Larimar pendant.

"No," I gaze at Maverick, "is this really for me?"

"For my favorite girl." he smiles and pecks my lips.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it, Mav," I smile up at him, "Put it on me?"

He smiles happily, nods and takes the necklace out of the box, throwing that to the side. I hold my hair up as he ties it together, his face mere inches from mine.

When it's done, he steps back to examine the whole look.

"Damn, you're beautiful."

I blush at his words, biting my lip. Maverick sighs and sits down onto the sand, which is still pretty warm. I laugh at him when he lays back and leans onto his elbows.

"Come on, Jen," he teases me, "it's just a little sand."

"Uh-uh," I laugh, "you're cleaning up all the sand you bring home tonight."

Mav gives me a look, and I give in.

"Fine," I smile and sit down next to him, trying not to get my white clothes dirty.

I put his jacket in the sand and lay my head onto it, looking into Mav's eyes.

He's slightly smiling as he watches me watch him and slides closer to me.

"I can feel the sand in my pants," he says, making me break out into laughter.

Maverick laughs too, and I can't help but fall in love with it.

His hand slides to my jaw and neck as he caresses my cheek, his eyes filled with wonder.

"God I don't know what I would to without you," he whispers, "If you left, I wouldn't survive."

"Thank god I don't ever plan on doing that."

He smiles at me and pulls me into him, pressing his lips onto mine for a passionate kiss.

I tug on his black hair, making him groan into the kiss.

Pulling back, I press my forehead against his: "I love you, Mav."

He smiles, pecking my lips again: "I love you too."

≪◦ ❈ ◦≫

heyyy guysss

what do you think about this one?

hope you're all well!

x

Brooke