1 | 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔 & 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒐𝒔

☤

......

𝟑 | 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥

PRESENT, SEATTLE

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓

The sliding doors of the hospital opened as I walked through them. I glanced around at the big hospital so much different from the one in New York. I took a breath and walked towards the couple, laughing together.

My gaze landed on my brother, and I quickly glanced behind myself because I knew I had little time as a certain redhead woman had followed me from New York.

I cleared my throat, and my brother turned around. His eyes widened. "Derek."

"Rae," Derek gawked in shock. "What are you doing here?"

I glanced around him to the dirty blonde staring at me from his side. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"Meredith." The blonde answered.

I raised a brow. "Meredith?" My eyes landed on my brother, who couldn't meet my gaze. I half turned to find a redhead walking towards us. "Oh, this should be good."

"Meredith." Derek sighed with sadness in his eyes. "I'm so sorry." He turned his gaze to the redhead. "Addison, what are you doing here?"

"You'd know if you'd bothered to return any of my phone calls," Addison explained. She turned her gaze to Meredith. "Hi, I'm Addison Shepherd."

Meredith took her hand, shaking it. "Shepherd?"

"And you must be the woman who's been screwing my husband," Addison accused, letting Meredith's hand go.

I looked at Meredith and felt for her as hurt washed over her face as the words fell out of Addison's lips.

My brother felt betrayed by Addison when she cheated on him, but at that moment, Meredith looked more betrayed. I could tell from how my brother reached for her, but Meredith shrugged him off before grabbing her bag and rushing out of the hospital, leaving me, my brother, and his wife to look after her.

"Your hair's different," Addison said, bringing my eyes from Meredith's retreating figure.

"A lot of things are different," Derek grumbled.

"It's longer. I like it." She ran her fingers through several strands before Derek pushed her hand away. "It's very Russell Crowe."

He turned his gaze to me. "What are you doing here, Rae?"

I sighed. "Can't you be happy to see me and leave it at that?"

"No," Derek replied, narrowing his brows. "Not when my little sister shows up in Seattle when she's supposed to be in New York. Does Mom even know you're gone?"