2 | 𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒌'𝒔 𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒊𝒄𝒆

☤

......

𝟔 | 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧

PRESENT, SEATTLE

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓

"Of all the fine doctors in this city, you accept a consult from Addison Shepherd?" Derek accused Bailey.

I rolled my eyes and stood in the elevator. I glanced at the numbers waiting for them to stop so that it would let me off and away from the craziness of my brother's life.

"Montogomery-Shepherd, isn't it?" Bailey corrected.

"The point is that she should be on her way home," Derek explained. "You're tryin' to drive me crazy, aren't you?"

I raised a brow. "I think you're doing that all on your own."

Bailey glanced at him before moving and pulling the stop button.

A ringing from the elevator sounded as it came to a halt, and I shook my head at my brother.

"Oh, hey, now, don't do this," Derek complained.

"Do you think this has somethin' to do with you?" Bailey asked. "Do you think I'm even thinking about you and your romantic problems?"

I watched my brother's face drop as Bailey wouldn't let him get a word in.

"I'm tryin' to help a patient very near and dear to my heart," Baliey ranted. "And if consultin' with your wife, your ex, your mistress, whatever it is that she becomes, if that's the thing I have to do to save my patient, then I'm damn well gonna do it."

I bit my lip to hide my smile as Derek nodded, "I understand that."

I move between the two and push the stop button as the ringing stops, and the elevator moves again. Derek goes to open his mouth, and I put my hand up to stop him. "Not a word."

"Look, you have put yourself between two very fine women, and you lookin' for an easy way out." Bailey continued. "You want to use me and the hospitalsomebody to make the decision for you, and it's not gonna happen."

"Could I just" Derek began.

I let out a breath as the elevator doors opened. "No." I walked out of the elevator before glancing back at him. "It's all on you, brother."

I watched as the doors closed and walked down the hallway.

This is gonna be a long day.

......

I rushed into the room beside Meredith, and my eyes widened as I glanced at Cristina. She was sobbing hysterically, and I stared at George and Izzie, who stood scared looking at her.