8 | 𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒕𝒂𝒍

☤

...☤...

𝟐𝟒 | 𝐃𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐞

PRESENT, SEATTLE

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

I exhaled slowly, my grip tight on the bathroom counter. Fighting a wave of dizziness, I blinked, struggling to stay upright.

Shaking my head, I reached for the door, opened it, and stopped as a body blocked my path.

"Little Shepherd, huh,"

I raised a brow. "Yes?"

"Have you seen Izzie? She was supposed to prep an OR for Noah's surgery, and she completely bailed." A woman with curly black hair said.

"You might want to check Cardio," I suggested. "I heard her old patient Denny is back."

"Thanks," She said, turning away. "I'm Callie."

Interesting.

I turned, heading for the stairs, needing to check on my patients for the day. Pushing open the door, I paused on the landing as shouting reached my ears.

"You don't get to call me a whore. When I met you, I thought I had found the person that I was going to spend the rest of my life with! I was done. So, all the boys and all the bars and all the obvious daddy issues, who cared? Because I was done."

I stood still, hearing Meredith's voice and feeling the pain in her words.

"You left me. You chose Addison. I'm all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke. You don't get to call me a whore."

"This thing with us is finished." My brother said. "It's over."

"Finally." Meredith agreed.

"Yeah. It's done."

"It is done."

I waited, watching my brother come into view from the top of the stairs, and cocked my brow at him.

"Rayne..." He started.

"She loves you," I interrupted. "Despite you calling her a whore just now, she still loves you."

He ran his fingers through his hair. "I have a patient to see."

Derek tried to move past me, but I grabbed his arm.