You Came / You Called

Description: Laenyra Velaryon, daughter of Laenor (Harwin) and Rhaenyra, receives a letter instructing her to a secluded place outside of King's Landing, but it is revealed to be a trap.

Pairings: Aemond x Velaryon!OC

Content warning: incest, canon-typical violence, injury, angst.

-----

Laenyra snuck out of the castle. It was only the third night since the arrival of her family in King's Landing—here to fend off yet another attempt by the Queen to undermine her brothers' legitimacies. With their parents, Rhaenyra and Daemon, understandably on edge, they sent their children to their quarters early every night rather than let them roam the grounds.

She was not one to often disobey her parents, but there was something she just had to pursue.

She followed the directions outlined in the letter to a grassy plain some distance from the castle. So far, in fact, she had to squint to see the torches lining the ramparts. Looking to the east, she recognized the rocky terrain that summoned memories from her childhood. Just past the outcropping of stone was a dip in the land that she knew was favored by Vhagar. She was often found resting there rather than in the Dragon Pit because of her size. And, more often than not, it was also where she would find Aemond—hiding from the other children.

"Hello?" she called out.

She approached a massive ash tree, nearly two times her width, and the final destination mentioned in her letter. She folded it and tucked it into the pocket of her blue satin dress.

"Are you lost, little one?"

A strange voice replied from the other side of the tree. A stranger dressed in a dark brown cloak rounded the trunk to reveal himself. Laenyra tensed and took a step back just as a second stranger appeared at the other side. She heard faint rustling behind her and surmised two more strangers had emerged from her surroundings.

"Stay back," she warned.

Slowly she slipped her hand into the other pocket of her dress, grateful the sleeves were long enough to conceal her movements. She gripped the hilt of her dagger. The second stranger, a woman with a scar running the length of her jaw, laughed at her.

"What do we have here? A princess so far from her castle," she leered.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed her left arm from behind. Laenyra sprung into action. She pulled her fist from her pocket. She punched her assailant in the throat with the pommel of her dagger then swung it upward, drawing blood. The man flailed backward and she turned to run.

The woman lunged for her with a blade of her own. Laenyra spun around to deflect. When the blades clashed, her opponent's sword slipped past her defense and nicked up her arm. The pain shocked her into dropping her dagger. Laenyra cursed herself for her mistake but it was too late. She turned and sprinted from her attackers.

They would surely catch her before she could reach King's Landing, so, before she could think about it, she found herself running up the hill that led to Vhagar's resting place. With any luck, her rider would be there too.

Holding the front of her skirt up, she charged up the hill, hearing her pursuers hot on her tail. Fear bubbled up in her and before she knew it she screamed out into the night.

"Dohaeragon nyke, kepa!" Help me, uncle!

Just as she was about to crest the rocky outcropping that signified her only hope, her pursuer overtook her. He tacked her to the ground and she landed face-first against the rocks.