The Wrong Prince

A/N: Wow! Over 500 votes!? I truly appreciate everyone who has engaged with my stories. Even though I don't reply to every comment, I love reading them all! I may be posting slower than usual but I still have a lot of stuff in the works, so please keep coming back. Thank you all so much!

Description: Lady Tyrell despises her betrothed, Prince Aegon, and finds solace in her childhood friend, Prince Jacaerys.

Pairing: Jacaerys x Tyrell!Reader/OC

Content warning: forced marriage, sexual content at the end, cheesy first time, sex education in Westeros sucks

-----

As many highborn girls do, Lady Tyrell always fantasized about her wedding. She dreamed of marrying a noble prince or being whisked away by a gallant knight. All of her fantasies centered around the one thing that took the lowest priority in marriage negotiations: love. When you were told your whole life that you only served one purpose, it was only natural to desire the most perfect form of that purpose. It was that or cry in her room all day about how life wasn't fair.

In retrospect, she might as well have started early, since she had done nothing but cry in her room since the announcement of her betrothal. Her parents had done well and secured her a prince. The problem was he was the wrong prince.

Aegon Targaryen was an obnoxious, lecherous drunkard.

At the feast celebrating their engagement, he fell so deep into his cups that he grabbed her and tried to kiss her in the middle of the hall. In front of all those people! Then he spilled wine down the front of her dress, an heirloom from her grandmother's betrothal. After all that, he had the nerve to yell at her.

She stormed out of the hall, mortified. She spent the remainder of the evening sobbing in the arms of her childhood friend, Jacaerys. He held her so gently and comforted her so tenderly that it made her cry harder to be reminded that she would never find such kindness in her future husband.

It had broken her heart when her parents told her Jace had never made an offer for her hand. After all these years spent together, she truly believed he would be the one she married. Apparently, he did not feel the same.

Now her wedding was a week away and Jace had long since returned to Dragonstone with his family. She was alone.

Alone, but with all eyes on her. From the balcony of the royal booth, she curtsied before the applauding crowd in the tourney stands. She was dressed lavishly in the pale green and golds of House Tyrell. After the announcer had declared the tourney in honor of the prince and lady's wedding, she sat and let out a relieved breath. Finally, all attention was on the arena as the first two knights entered.

Her betrothed was supposed to be at her side, but Aegon was nowhere to be found. Across his empty seat sat Prince Aemond. To her other side sat Princess Helaena. Behind them, Queen Alicent sat next to an empty throne meant for the king, who was not feeling well, and her parents, who were dressed even more lavishly than her.

Several jousts had played out before the man of honor finally made an appearance. Aegon stumbled into the booth, drink in hand and eyes glazed over. Lovely, she thought, wringing in her hands the floral wreath she had made as her favor. Aegon dropped heavily into his chair next to her. He had been treating her coldly ever since their failure of a feast. She did not mind as she preferred to not have to speak to him anyway.

She heard Alicent tap the back of Aegon's chair with her foot, urging him to do something but he ignored it. Lady Tyrell did not care to find out either. She twisted her body to sit pointed towards Helaena, simultaneously wishing for the joust to be over with already and for the day to never end. Each day of celebration was one day closer to their dreaded wedding.