Burn Together [imagine]

A/N: Not a full story, just a little imagine inspired by the most recent episode. Normally, I wouldn't post something so short but I don't have the time to write a full oneshot today. Please let me know if you all like imagines or would prefer only complete stories moving forward!

Also, as a side note, thank you to everyone who has interacted! I genuinely didn't expect to get any, so it was nice to check back in and see of few of those! :)

-----

Imagine this...

Just as Helaena's ominous words from this morning foreshadowed, a beast beneath the boards disrupted the crowning of Aegon. Rhaenys, in all her glory, broke through the floor of the Sept astride her great dragon, the Red Queen.

You stood at Aemond's side as his dutiful wife, mourning the loss of the King and the usurpation of Rhaenyra's throne. Despite your fight with your husband on your differing positions earlier, Aemond immediately throws his arm around you and pulls you behind him. All you can see is his back as the dragon stomps about the Sept. He takes on his fighting stance, instinctively, even knowing there was no fighting a dragon on foot.

When Meleys opens her maw to presumably breathe fire, Aemond turns around. He presses his forehead to yours. He begins to say my love, but his words are drowned out by the roar that erupts from the dragon. You cling to one another in what you believed would be your last moments, prepared to burn together.

But the fire never comes. Rhaenys soars over the crowd and exits the building without further damage. Still, you and Aemond do not part.