Baratheon Betrothed [Imagine]

A/N: Aemond really rushed to Storm's End to marry himself off, huh?

Description: Imagine being the Baratheon daughter betrothed to Aemond. The first time you meet him you get engaged and watch him demand an eye from a child.

Pairings: Aemond x reader

Content warnings: none!

-----

Image this...

You are the eldest daughter of Borros Baratheon. As such, when the second prince comes to Storm's End with a marriage proposal, you are immediately betrothed.

You aren't sure what to make of Prince Aemond. He rode in on a fearsome beast during a raging rainstorm. He confidently marched into your father's throne room soaking wet with a wicked eyepatch.

The engagement was made without a single word from you. But then he did something unexpected. After dealing with your father, he approached you. He greeted you with honor, bowing perhaps lower than a prince should. He even placed a gentlemanly kiss on your hand.

Then he struck up a conversation. It was bizarre but pleasant. He was eloquent and charismatic. His words were gentle with a subtle bite of teasing. You were beguiled. Your concerns about the rumors of the one-eyed prince and impending marriage to a stranger were eased somewhat as you conversed.

Then Prince Lucerys walked in.

His entire demeanor changed. He no longer inclined his head towards you, holding your eyes with a gentle gaze. He stood up straight, confidant, arrogant—like it was his hall, not your father's. There was a perpetual smirk on his face as he turned fully away from you to face his nephew. You could tell the young prince was intimidated by Aemond's menacing gaze.

Then he took off his eyepatch.

You cannot hold in your gasp when you see the gemstone glimmering in the dim light of the hall. He demands an eye for an eye and tosses a dagger toward the boy. If that wasn't surprising enough, when the boy refused, Aemond snapped. He screamed at Lucerys and charged at him. You finally understood why the rumors so often used the word unhinged to describe him.

When the young prince was escorted out, Aemond turned back towards your father. His charming mask wavered as his eye shone with bloodlust. He bade an abrupt farewell before leaving Storm's End atop his giant dragon.

Once he leaves, you rush to a seaside-facing window. Distantly amidst the tempest, you see a flash of dragonfire and a dragon's roar. 

What an odd beginning to your engagement.

How do you feel about your betrothed? Are you terrified by his display of crazed brutality or pleased that he adheres to an honorable code? Perhaps even a bit aroused by his prowess and confidence?