Chapter 27

Pete was heading towards Kinn's room. He was holding the papers with Korn's schedule written on them. Once he reached his Boss's room, he knocked just in case. Kim was the one who opened the door.

He let Pete inside while not taking his eyes off of the bodyguard. Kim looked at Vegas and Kinn, then returned his gaze back to Pete, only after that he spoke up:

-What took you so long?

Pete:

-Uhh... Mr. Korn was busy talking to someone on the phone, so I had to wait till he finished.

Kim:

-Oh really?

Kim took a few steps forward and was now looking directly Pete in the eyes.

Kim:

-I wonder who he was talking to?

Pete:

-I don't know...

Such closeness made Pete feel obviously uncomfortable. Vegas went towards Pete and stood in front of him, facing Kim. He put his fingers on Kim's chest and pushed him back a little, without using much force.

Vegas:

-Back off.

Kim did back off, but he still tried to keep his eyes on Pete, who was standing behind Vegas and looking down.

Kinn:

-What are those papers you're holding Pete?

Pete:

-It's Mr. Korn's schedule.

Kim:

-?

Kinn:

-You got his whole schedule?

Pete:

-Yes. Didn't you want it Mr. Kinn?

Kinn looked at Vegas and then walked towards Pete. The bodyguard gave him the papers. Kim also stood next to Kinn to look at the schedule. He was surprised at how organized everything was.

Kim:

-How did you get it...

Pete:

-I told him I needed it since I want to get back to work and help him as much as possible, so he gave me the schedule for me to get ready.

Kim:

-That easy?

Kinn:

-He's the head bodyguard. He can have access to these kinds of information.

Kim:

-Can he?

Vegas:

-Feels like you're trying to pick a fight.

Kim:

-What makes you think that?

Vegas:

-You're asking too many questions.

Kim:

-Just making sure there aren't any rats among us.

That pissed Vegas off. He grabbed Kim by his shirt and angrily said:

-Watch it, Kim.

Kim smirked:

-Or what?

Vegas:

-Or I'll make sure next words that come out of your mouth will be your last.

Kinn:

-Stop it. Both of you.