Chapter 28

Pete and Vegas couldn't be more happy when Kim finally left the room. They both got up and felt like they had been run over by a train. Vegas helped Pete stand up since he basically couldn't feel his legs anymore.

Before leaving the room, Pete checked if anyone was still outside. The hall was empty, giving them the opportunity to leave. They walked until the other end of the hall and before going to Kinn's office, Vegas wanted to kiss Pete.

He leaned in but Pete covered his mouth to prevent Vegas from doing it. When Vegas frowned and looked questionably at him, Pete pointed his finger at the camera that was right above Kinn's room door. Pete just held his hand and squeezed it a little as a sign that he needed to go for now.

Vegas:

-I'm glad your wound is more or less healed up.

Pete:

-Wouldn't say more or less. I feel just fine. The scar won't be visible and even if it will be I don't really care about it. I've got bunch of other little scars that aren't visible anyway.

Vegas:

-I want to see them as soon as possible.

Pete:

-Why? Scars aren't a pleasant thing to look at...

Vegas:

-Nothing is unpleasant when it comes to you, Pete. I want to see each one of them.

Pete's ears visibly turned red. Vegas chuckled a bit, knowing that he made Pete feel flustered. It was the best feeling ever. Pete deserved to hear much more compliments than what he gets.

Ever since he fell in love with Pete, there had been a bunch of questions running through his head as he looked at his lover. Some of them were dumb as hell, some were reasonable. But he didn't care much about them because right now Pete was with him.

Pete:

-I'll show them when I have the chance...

Vegas:

-Can't wait till then.

Vegas squeezed Pete's hand in response and then Pete stepped away, slowly letting Vegas's hand go. Vegas heavily sighed and watched Pete leave.

***

Kim:

-Father won't be home for the next 2 hours at least. That's the only chance we have today so let's just do it.

Kinn:

-There are thousands of cameras outside of his office.

Vegas:

-Oh I don't think that will be a problem. Right Kim?

Kim:

-Yeah... one of the bodyguards will delete the footage once I'm out.

Kinn:

-What?? Which bodyguard?

Kim:

-Doesn't matter. The fact is we can't turn the cameras off because the alarm will turn on.

Kinn:

-Kim. Which bodyguard did you tell about this?

Kim:

-I said it doesn't matter. And I didn't tell him everything. Just that he needed to delete the footage.

Vegas:

-I don't see the point of deleting the footage.

Kim:

-Why?