Chapter 36

Pete:

-Macau just texted me. Says he needs to talk to his teacher, so we'll have to wait a bit.

Vegas:

-Sure. Tell him not to rush.

Pete:

-Okay.

Pete replied to Macau and put the phone away. Vegas on the other hand kept chatting with someone. Although Pete sat right next to him, it felt wrong to peek into other person's phone. Even if that person is your boyfriend. Pete:

-Do you mind if I ask you something?

-Of course not. Ask me anything you want.

-What were you and Kinn talking about while I was out with Porsche?

-The mission. What else can I talk to him about?

-...Do you want me to pretend to be dumb and say: Oh, okay. Or do I have to ask you again?

-If I say pretend to be dumb, will you do that?

-Depends on the seriousness of the situation. Is it something regarding the mission?

-No.

-Is it something regarding The Minor and The Main family?

A few minutes of silence and Vegas goes:

-More yes than no.

-Is it something dangerous?

-No. Gosh, Pete. You remind me of Akinator.

-Seriously?

-With these kinds of questions, yes.

Macau, out of nowhere:

-Did you just actually compare him to a freakin internet genie?

Vegas saw his brother leaning over, with only his head inside the car. Pete was also startled. They thought it would take Macau a bit longer to come here.

Vegas:

-This child will be the death of me... I ASKED YOU NOT TO SNEAK UP ON US.

Macau:

-WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING AT ME?

Pete:

-BOTH OF YOU SHUT UP.

Somehow, both brothers really did shut up. Pete looked down at his phone and saw his grandma calling him. He looked at Vegas and Macau and said:

-One word out of either of your mouths and I'm gonna make sure my granny will make a soup out of your blood, do you understand?

Macau and Vegas just nodded, deciding that keeping their mouths shut is the best thing to do right now. Macau quietly opened the door and got inside the car as slowly as possible to not make any sound.

Pete:

-Hi grandma! I'm okay, really. Just usual. Are you doing okay?

While Pete talked to his grandma, Vegas turned around to quietly ask Macau:

-What did you need to talk to your teacher about?

Macau:

-About the upcoming exams. They said there might be some changes regarding the grading system, so I asked about it but the teacher said they'll make an announcement and provide information by the end of this week.

Vegas:

-I'm sure you'll still pass, don't worry.

Macau smiled and said: