Deja Vu

"Why does the Apocalypse always have to be so hot?" Murphy asked.

"Yeah, I think they were right about global warming." Doc said.

"Warren, you have any visions of cool mountain streams? Cuz we need water." Murphy said.

"Have mine." Warren handed him her water.

10k stopped walking to set me down so I could walk myself.

" How ya feeling?" He asked.

"Like the universe thinks I'm a rag doll and it's fucking playtime" I groaned.

"What do you think?" Murphy asked as we approached a 18 wheeler sitting in the middle of the road.

"I think we should check it out." Warren said.

"What's that truck doing there?" Lucy asked.

"Waiting for us to steal it." I said.

"Zona?" Doc asked.

"Could be. Let's move in easy. Sarge and I will check it out. And Murphy, you stay with Lucy." Warren said.

"What's with the gear?" Sarge asked.

"I dunno. Why don't we see if we can find somebody to ask. Cover me." Warren said. 

She walked up to the door of the cab and with her gun raised, opened the door.

"Cab's clear. Nobody's home." She said.

"Finder's Keepers. I am tired of walking." Murphy said.

"Now hold on. Don't you think it's a little odd that they'd leave this awesome truck right here in the middle of nowhere." Doc asked.

"You know what else is odd? Everything that's happened to us over the last eight years." Murphy said.

"Smells like a trap." Sargent Lilly said.

"That's just Murphy." Tommy said.

"No. She's right. This isn't important. We should keep moving." Warren said.

"Well... at least let's check this gear for water. Who you suppose left all this?" Doc asked

"Yeah. And where are they now?" Warren asked.

"You don't think they're still alive back there, do you?" Murphy asked.

"You picking up anything? Any signs of life?" Warren asked.

Lucy took her hand and felt along the trailer.

"Any signs of the undead?" Murphy asked.

"If they're still in there, they're not zombies." Lucy said.

"Not exactly reassuring." Murphy grumbled

"Yeah, looks like a truck." Lucy confirmed.

"We should go." Warren said.

"Well, wait, wait. I mean don't we want to look inside?" Murphy asked.

The truck's engine turned over.

"No, no, no. Hold your fire. Don't. Hold your fire. Hold your fire." Warren warned the group as multiple of us went to raise our weapons.

"Say the word, Lieutenant. We'll light it up." Lilly said.

"No, no. Something's not right. I think we should go." Warren said.

"Well wait. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Don t you want to see what's inside? I mean it could be full of snacks for all we know. It could happen!" Murphy said.

We turned to walk away and the truck got louder.

"Look!" Lucy called.

"The damn thing's following us." Doc said.

We all took a couple steps back and the truck inched forwards.

"Whoa." Warren said.

"Doc and 10K, cover the cab. Sarge, if anything bad happens, shoot the tires first and then the engine. Murphy, stay with Lucy! Don't shoot till I say! Karma, baby, you're with me." Warren said. The both of us went on either side. We opened the cab doors at the same time. 

A loud, sharp, screeching, ear piercing, noise erupted. It was too much to handle and I dropped my gun to cover my ears.

"Ahh!! 10K!!!" I yelled. the corners of my eyes began to grow dark. I rushed towards my boyfriend whose body was on the ground now. I collapsed beside him.

---

I gasped, my eyes darting around to figure out where I am. Wood is the only thing i can see. I'm in a wooden box with a little circle hole at the top above my head to breathe. I began to grow claustrophobic. This reminds me too much of the morgue.

The door swung open and two people, a man and a woman also came out. There were three wooden boxes in the room. the lady grabbed a crowbar and began to attack the other man. I stood there shocked.

"Get the key. Hurry." She yelled.

"Why'd you kill him?" I asked.

"Only one crowbar." She shrugged.

"What's going on? What is this place?" I asked.

"You don't know? How long have you been here?" She asked.

"We just got here." I said.

"Right. Fresh meat. Just my luck." She groaned.

"And how long you been here?" I asked, handing her the other flashlight.

"Lost track of time. A month maybe." She answered.

"I was with five others. Something happened. And a sound. I'm sure I passed out." I said.

"You can't fight the sound. Just do what they want." She said.

"What who wants?" I asked.

"No one knows. Just kill anything that moves. And stay out of my way." She shined the light in my face.

"Don't worry." I shined mine in hers. I pressed through the dark hallways. We came upon an elevator.

"They want us to clear this elevator." She said.

"Who are they?" I asked.

"Nobody knows." She answered.

"Watch yourself. Use the key." She said. I put the key into the elevator and turned it. Machine sounds erupted and I backed away from the door slightly.

"Not again." She said. She put the crowbar against the elevator door and began to pry. She got the door open and two zombies came rushing out. They pushed her body on the ground.  

I quickly went inside the elevator and pressed the down key. She was already bitten anyways, there was nothing I could do. 

The doors closed and I pressed the down key again. Nothing happened. I looked to my right and saw the keyhole. 

"Fuck" I reopened the door and killed the original two zombies. I grabbed the key from the other side of the door and killed the girl I was with. The sound came back and I screamed.