Found Murphy

Karma pov

He put the tool in my mouth and I turned my head over my shoulder and dropped it. My right hand caught it and fumbled with it until my wrist came undone. I quickly did my left hand then I tossed the tool to Warren while I untied my ankles. I grabbed a blade from off my back and killed the z. Once everyone was loose we began walking.

"What happened to us?" 10k asked.

"I believe we got roofied, Drugged with Rohypnol," Doc said.

"I know you did," I responded.

"Where's Murphy?" 10k asked.

"The others are gone too. You don't think" Cassandra's voice trailed off

"No, I know," I said angrily.

"Murphy wouldn't do that. Drug us to escape?" she asked.

"How could we let this happen? He was our responsibility." Warren was mad. She leaned against the truck before opening the door.

"At least they left our ride," 10k chirped up.

"The battery's dead," Warren said. We all went back to where we saw the cars at the beginning.

"Well assuming we find some way to get moving, what next, boss?" Doc asked.

"Go after Murphy and get his ass to California or die tryin'," Warren said. 10k and I opened up hood after hood. I saw the white car with the antenna on the back and climbed inside. I got the radio to work and Warren took the connected walkie.

"We lost Murphy," She admitted.

"Holy crap. That has the potential for great, permanent tragedy." Citizen Z said.

"We think he may have been kidnapped by three civilians, motive unknown. But they are aware of Murphy's status." Warren told him.

"Is he still alive? Do you know if Murphy is still alive?" Citizen Z asked. We all stayed silent.

"As far as we know," Doc spoke up.

"Well, he disappeared this morning, probably on I-70 going east to west in a brown utility truck," Warren told him. Typing could be heard over the radio.

"Okay, ummm. I see one vehicle on I-70 going east through your location about two hours ago." He replied.

"Okay, uh... That... that's got to be them." Warren said. "Hello? Hello? Ugh. Damn apocalypse." Warren said as the battery went dead. We found a battery and put it in the Tahoe. We began driving east now because that's where Murphy went apparently. We've been driving for two hours.

"Well here we go again, another fork in the road," Doc said as we all got out. I bent down in front of our vehicle to try and look for tire imprints.

"I wish we had a sign," I spoke out looking back to the group. 10k looked at me. His head tilted to one side with a confused face. Awe, like a puppy.

"Like that," He said. Pointing behind me.

"Yeah, that works," I said walking back to the truck. To the right we go. The sign flashed a thank you and I giggled. 10k threw me a look and he smiled a little. We kept driving. Somehow a gunshot echoed throughout the area.

"You hear that?" Doc asked all of us in the car.

"That sounded like a gunshot," 10k responded.

"Sure did." Warren agreed. We pulled up next to another truck.

"Looks like they left their truck," Doc commented.

"And we're gonna do the same," Warren said, pulling up to the right. Warren opened the door and an alarm went off. Damn. Now zombies are going to come. I ran to the driver's side. There was a string or wire connected under the steering wheel. I got my blade out and cut the wire. Everyone fired off rounds protecting me as they came. The alarm stopped and we pressed on.