Chapter 28- A Breath of Fresh Air

Welcome to act 3

The world has entered a new age. Harmonic Convergence created an energy shift the likes of which has never been felt before. And after two weeks, Republic City continues to recover from Korra's epic battle with UnaVaatu. Vines have sprouted up all over, creating pockets of wilds the spirits have come to call home.

For the past two weeks, Iroh had been staying at the temple with my family and I. And honestly it's been so relaxing.

Iroh and I were snuggled up against each other in my bed, while we were watching the latest mover with Bolin and I.

I had my head laid on Iroh's chest, listening to his heart beat. "Your heart is beating really fast."

Iroh, who was massaging my head stopped for a second. "It's called being in love."

I tilt my head up, looking at Iroh, brightly smiling at him. "How did I get so lucky with you?"

"I don't know, bitch, you tell me."

I gasp, slapping his chest as I proceed to get out of his grasp.

Iroh swiftly grabs my hips pulling me back onto him. "I was joking. I'm sorry."

I pursed my lips to the side. "You're lucky, I like you."

"Just like?" Iroh questions.

I give him an annoyed look. "You know what I mean."

Iroh lets out a chuckle. "I'm just teasing you."

I half smile. "I know."

Iroh uses his elbows to prop himself up from the bed, as he is sitting up, he pulls me onto his lap as he rest his head on my shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"You think something's wrong?"

"Fara," Iroh's voice rasps. "I know you. Come on spill what's bothering you."

I let out a large sigh. "I'm just going to miss you when you go back to the sea."

"Oh, Fara."

"And I know that sounds ridiculous, and that your career should come first over a girl, but I just can't help but worry and miss you every time you're gone."

Iroh wraps his arms around my waist giving me a tight squeeze. "Fara, you are the love of my life. If you honestly feel that way, I'll quit the forces and stay here with you on the island."

My stomach begins to feel queasy. "No, you worked hard to be in the position you are in now. I would never let you let go of something you're so passionate about because of my insecurities."

Iroh leaves a kiss on my shoulder. "Fara, are you sure? Because I'll let the crew leave without me."

I smile at the handsome General in front of me. "I'm positive. I don't even know why I brung it up."

"You're allowed to feel that way. Don't ever feel guilty about being sad I'm not around. I would actually be very offended if you didn't miss me while I'm gone."

I giggle. "Yeah."

Iroh places a soft kiss on my neck. "Don't worry. One day we will settle in the Fire nation or wherever you want."

I place a hand on my heart. "You're so sweet. I still feel guilty for bringing that up, but I'm happy that you want to settle in with me one day."

Iroh's voice gets stern. "Fara, are you kidding me?! Of course I want to settle in with you. If I could marry you right now, I would, but it wouldn't be appropriate with the stage of life that we are in right now, it would be very difficult."