Chapter 16

Jai POV

I can hear people talking. I hear a beep beep noise. I try to open my eyes but it hurts. The voices are getting closer. I can hear Miles and Ben. I try to open my eyes again. The light is so bright. I blink a few times.

"Hey he is awake. He is awake." I hear Ben say.

"Let me go grab a doctor." miles says.

"Good morning sunshine." Ben says smiling. "We were starting to wonder when you were going to wake up."

"Where am I? Where is Abby? What happened?"

"Calm down. You are in the hospital. You and Abby were in a car accident. The impact was on abby's side and you had the air bag so you only have minor bumps and bruises and a concussion."

Oh my God! I remember abs telling me she loved me and then metal scraping sounds.

"Where is Abby?"

Ben looks down like he doesn't want to tell me. Oh please don't let her be dead. I wasn't joking when I said I couldnt imagine my life without her. I just found her I can't lose her.

"Ben please tell me. Is she dead?"

"No man she is alive. But she is pretty tore up. She has internal bleeding so she is in surgery right now. Shai promised to let us know as soon as she is out."

Just then miles walks in with a doctor.

"Hi Mr Courtney. I am Dr Lee. How are you feeling?"

"Fine. How is Abby?"

"I am not sure I am not her doctor. Let me check you over."

He proceeds to listen to my heart and lungs. He checks out my eyes.

"Everything looks good. Just a mild concusion. I would like to keep you over night for observation."

"Doctor you say I am fine. My girlfriend is in surgery. Could you please release me so I can go be with her? I will be right here in the hospital in case anything happens. Please I love her so much I need to be with her right now."

"You promise to come right back here to the er if you start feeling bad?"

"Yes sir."

"Ok let me to type up your release papers and then you will be free to go. Give me about thirty minutes."

After the doctor leaves I turn to Miles. "How is she?"

Miles looks sad. "I don't man. She has internal bleeding. They are doing emergency surgery right now. They said she is in critical condition. Shai is freaking out. Why don't you go ahead and get dressed so when the doctor comes back you will be ready to head out?"

"Hand me my clothes man." I grab the bag from Ben and head to the bathroom.

She has to be okay. I can't believe just a few hours ago we were discussing our future. When she pulls through this I am going to beg her to stay. I will not let her go ever.

The doctor finally comes in with my release papers and instructions.

"Abbigail will be in the emergency surgery area on the second floor. Good luck Mr Courtney and I will be praying for your girlfriend."

I get dizzy a few times on my way to the surgery area but I am not going to let it slow me down.

When I walk in Shai comes over to me crying.

"Jai I am so scared. I can't lose my sister."

"Shai you aren't going to lose her. She is one of the strongest people I know she will be fine." I really hope my voice sounds more convincing then I feel.