Chapter 17

Jai POV

A nurse walks in. "Is there a Jai here?"

I jump up. "Yes me."

"I thought so. Abby is awake. She is asking for you but the man in the room said there was no one by that name. I thought I remember hearing the name before. If you can get him to leave she wants to see you."

He is going to leave. There is no way he is standing between me and my woman.

I walk to abby's room. I don't even bother knocking. When I walk in I can tell Abby has been crying. When she looks at me she starts smiling.

"Jai. Where have you been? I have been asking for you but Connor said you left."

"No baby. I wouldn't leave you. I have been in the waiting room with your family and friends this whole time."

She looks at Connor. "What about the nurse?"

Connor quickly responds. "Abby you must have hit your head harder then we realized."

"What are you two talking about?" I am confused about what is going on.

"Connor told me you weren't here. He said he saw you flirting with a nurse and you two left together." she said with fresh tears running down her face.

"What was I suppose to say? You just told me you pick the guy you have been with for a week over me?" Connor tries to defend himself.

"Connor I did not pick him over you. You were never an option. You have always been like a brother to me. I am in love with jai and I am not coming back to the team. I want to build a life with jai"

"But I love you! He doesn't even know you."

Abby goes to say something and then her eyes close and all her machines start going off.

I feel like I am drowning. I see all these doctors and nurses start running in. One of the nurses push me out into the hallway.

I guess everybody in the waiting room heard all the noise because they were already out in the hallway. Shai grabs me.

"What happened?" she ask me with tears flowing down her face.

"Connor told her I left here for some nurse. Then told her she couldn't pick me over him. She started telling him off. Telling him she loved me. And then she closed her eyes and the machines started going crazy." I can't seem to quit crying. I have never been so scared in my life.

"We have to get her back into surgery or she isn't going to make it." the doctor yells as they push abby's bed out into the hall. Then I see them running with her for the elevators.

"You son of a bitch" I yell as I go to punch Connor. Theo and miles grab me and starts dragging me away from him.

"Abby wouldn't want us fighting. Please calm down." shai says making sense.

I just want to hold Abby. I have to let her know how much I love her. I can't believe that bastard lied to her. If I had any doubts about his feelings for her I don't now.

Everybody goes back to the waiting room but I notice they have me in one corner and Connor in another. I don't even understand why he is here.

After 3 hours of waiting and crying. The doctor comes in.

"Mrs Woodley?"

"Yes sir." tris and her mom stand up.

"Abby made it through surgery with flying colors. It seems her blood pressure went up due to stress. We have repaired the damage but she is going to have to be in an drug induced coma for at least twenty four hours maybe longer. She won't be coming back to this room we are having to move her to icu room for now. That is on the 4th floor. But you won't be able to see her for a couple more hours so now would be a good time to nap or eat. Does anyone have any questions?"

"Is she going to be okay?" I had to ask even though I don't know if I want to know the answer.

"The next twenty four to four eight hours are critical." the doctor says and then leaves.

"You bastard!" I start yelling at Connor. "They had to put her in a fucking coma because of you! If anything happens to her you better run because I will hunt you down."

"It's nice to see Abby found such a wonderful gentlemen. If you would just mind your own business her and I could go back to our normal lifes. What do you have against her? Why do you want to hurt her so bad." Connor yells back at me.

"What the fuck is your problem? She already told you she loves me and wants to build a life a with me." I am starting to believe this man is mental.

"My problem? You are the one that forced her to give up her second family and her life. Then that wasn't good enough for you. You take her out and get her in a car accident. Now she is fighting for life. That is just what you have done to her in the first week of knowing her. What do you have planned for next week's?"

I don't know what to say. Maybe he is right. She had a life she had built for herself. She was giving it all up to be with me. If I hadn't taken her out she wouldn't have to gotten into a car accident. She wouldn't be fighting for her life.

Maybe he is right maybe she deserves better then me. Maybe I need to get out of her life.

I let shai and her mom know I am going to for a walk. I walk around the hospital trying to clear my head. I don't know what to do. Should I stay and fight for her or let her go so she can be happy.

What should I do?