Chapter 21

Abby POV

I have been laying in the Darla's guest bed for hours. I keep replaying everything James and Darla have told me. Am I being over sensitive? I mean he did call me stuck up. He watched everything I ate. He wouldn't let me go anywhere but the bathroom  alone. If I wasn't with him I had to be with Shai or in his apartment or trailer. What kind of relationship is that? Controlling someone all the time? I mean damn how many times a day can someone ask if you have taken your medicine? 

Was that controlling or was that caring? Was he really only trying to take care of me? Damn! Now they have me doubting myself. Maybe he does really care. 

I finally decide to get up and take a shower and maybe then I can feel better and think more clearer. 

The shower does make me feel better but my eyes are so puffy and blood shot I look like I am sick. Looking through my makeup bag I find some visine and put some in hoping it will clear up my eyes. Thinking putting some makeup on and actually getting dressed today might help with my mood plus it will give me something to do. I feel like all I have done since I got here is sleep and cry. 

I do feel a little better but still not sure what to do. After getting dressed and trying to figure out what I should do next I hear a knock at the front door. Unfortunately James and Darla are out running errands so I am stuck with dealing with whatever idiot is at the front door. Just when I thought this might be a half way decent day.

Pulling the door open I never ever expected to see him there.

Jai POV:

After uneventful flight thank goodness I finally land safely in Omaha. Luckily I only brought a carry on bag so I don't have to wait for baggage claim. I quickly go to the rental car spot because if Abby will go back with me I would like for us to drive back so we can spend time alone talking. 

I keep running through my head what I should say to her. How do you explain to someone how much you love them? I just hope I get my point across.

It only takes me thirty minutes to get to the house she is staying at. I can't help but start doubting what  I am doing. If I go to that door and she says yes she will come back with me I am going to be the happiest man on the face of the earth but if she says no I don't know if I will ever even get another chance to try. But I know I will never forgive myself if I don't try.

I notice while walking out to the front door that its a really cute one story house with flower boxes and a front porch swing. I can't wait till Abby and I have a home like this. This place doesn't look like a house it really looks like a home. And that is when it hits me that I want to make a home with Abby. I want to marry Abby. I want to have a family with Abby. When they hell did I start feeling this strongly about it? Shit! I am in way too deep!

I say a silent prayer that she will open the door and at least listen to me before she kicks my ass to the curb. I think I hear somebody moving around inside. I knock again. 

The door slowly opens up and there is the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on. The love of my life.

"Hi Abby" real great Jai that is my smooth opening line. Hi Abby. I really should beat my own ass up for that one.

"Hi Jai. How did you find me? Why are you here?" she ask me while I listen to the tremble in her voice and the slight shake to her hands.

"It doesn't matter how I found you it just matters that I did." She looks at me like she doesn't know what to say so I continue. "Abby, I was a dumb ass. I just wanted you to get better and I wanted to take care of you. I love you so very much Abby that I just want whats best for you. I just want you to get better and healthier. I am sorry that it came across so harsh but I meant it with all the love in my heart. I never in a million years meant to hurt you. Abby you are my everything."

I stop to take a breath because I don't think I paused the whole time I was speaking. She is looing at me so dazed and confused. But I guess its understand after all the lies everyone told her to get between us. I am trying to fight back the tears I having fighting to fall. Then I remember a poem I read somewhere so I share the poem with her. 

If only you could
step inside my heart
for just a moment or two
you might be overwhelmed
by what I feel for you

Love, pure and simple love
that has no end
and longs to hold you near
for now and forever;
for as long as we're both here

I want to hold you close
I want to hold your hand
I never want to let you go;
you're the best I've ever had

I want to protect you
I want to keep you safe
I never want to see you cry
or feel an ounce of pain

I want to see you smile
I want to make you laugh
I never want you to wish
for something other than what you have

I want to give you everything
I want to give you my all
I never want to give you less
than anything you want

Because it's simple
my love for you is pure
and you are the one
I've waited my whole life for.

I can't hold back the tears I feel three or 4 of them slide done my cheeks. 

"Abby will you please forgive me, my love?" I try to express all my love and emotions to her though my eyes hoping she will understand how much I am hurting and how sorry I am. 

She just keeps staring at me with her mouth slightly open and I can see tears have formed in the corners of her yes. 

"Jai...Jai...." She starts to say something to me. 

A/N

How is eveyrbody liking this story so far? I am so sorry for the delay in updates. My life has been crazy lately. Please vote, follow and comment so I can see who is enjoying my story. Love to you all! xoxoxo