Chapter 1 - Simple Lives

"Alright, let's do it again. This time with music," he stated, taking a big sip from his water bottle, placing down on the floor before turning around and starting the music again. "开始!" (开始-Kāishǐ-start)

There's no one in the world like China. He's the biggest pop star on the countryhumans world. He's got multiple number one albums, multiple long running songs on the charts, and everyone loves him. He's a big deal, and he should be. Everyone is talking about his and his fiancee, Mongolia, and their plans to host a full blown high stakes wedding in front of a private audience of, let's say, around 5000 people. It's a big deal. Mongolia and China have tons of press surrounding them as they sing, dance, and profess their love to each other every single day. If you asked a normal Joe on the street, they might have even said they were almost suffocating, insufferable in a way.

And of course, the headlines were all over this stuff, it was crazy.

"China and Mongolia will perform their new song and say their vows this Saturday."                 "China and Mongolia are bound to sing a new duet together this weekend."                                       "It's called Marry Me, and it's their new, hottest single, and this weekend, they will debut it along with their official marriage."

"Hello, I'm Nigeria, from CHCN, and I'm here to speak with China's manager, Japan, about China's new performance this weekend." (Countryhumans Celebrity News)

"Oh, ohayo! I'm doing good, how are you?" Japan, China's manager, had responded innocently to Nigeria's questions and statements.

"I'm doing good, so I hear that this was all Mongolia's idea?" 

"Ehh, not really, it was both of them-"

"Did you know that they have a combined reach of over 200 million followers, on every platform, that must be nuts!"

"Oh yeah, it definitely is, I-"

"Hey, can you tell us anything about his exes?"

"Oh, sorry, I have to go, they want me somewhere. すみません, thank you though, ありがとう!" (すみません-sumimasen-excuse me, ありがとう!-arigato-thank you!)

"Why are managers so secretive about everything?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, a casually dressed South Korea went up to China as he laid on the couch, scrolling through the many headlines and videos the public was making about China and Mongolia's relationship.

"Hey, 오빠, guess what someone brought," South Korea hurriedly scrambled over, grabbing his attention while she presented a beautiful pearl necklace. (오빠-oppa-older brother (honorific, China's not actually SK's older brother))

"Wah, 哎呀, so fancy, can I-" China was cut off by his friend. (哎呀-Āiyā-damn)

"Uh-uh, its from one of your personal friends," South Korea responded simply. "Someone I don't know."

"Maybe for the honeymoon, ok? Maybe not now-oooh, flowers!" South Korea went away to pack the items away while his team were scrambling around, bring about flowers, packages, whatever crazy things people were sending them. 

"It's not a new day, everyone wants to send you gifts. Somebody sent you a stove, China," Philippines had started speaking to the celebrity, holding up a large vase with a blooming bouquet of purple flowers. 

"Why would they think I don't have a stove? 哎呀."

"Philippines, send the unnecessary stuff to charity, stuff like the stove and unnecessary decorations. Except the flowers, you can give the flowers to me," Japan had stepped in to handle the situation. Philippines quickly walked off while Japan's phone rang and he had to take the call.

"Hey, it's Ethiopia from 103.9," Japan told China his plans as he walked off. 

"Nobody in this city has not heard of the wedding, it's going to be big! Oh, I can't wait for the potential fanfiction material I could get." (Japan might be his manager but he's also China's friend, China doesn't care because its all in good fun)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile on the other side of the coin was a Slavic man named Russia. He was quite a nobody if you were to compare him to China. In fact, I don't even think you could compare the two men. Because Russia wasn't even able to sing, he was just a math teacher of all people. 

"Беларусь, don't forget lunchbox!" Russia yelled to his daughter to grab his lunchbox. It wouldn't be the first time she did this.  She was very sad that day. (Беларусь-Belarus'-Belarus)

"I got it, папа," Belarus replied back to her father and grabbed her lunchbox, Russia slowly ruffling her hair a bit. "папа, don't do that!" (папа-papa-dad)

"I thought you said it gave you удачи," Belarus's father simply responded innocently as Russia gave Belarus her textbooks she would need for her first day as a seventh grader at middle school. (удачи-udachi-good luck)

"I said that a long time ago, папа." She went to go pack up her things and head out to walk to school.

"A month ago is not long time ago, is it? Look, isn't it exciting, having your учитель in the same school as you? I know you won't need me, but-" (учитель-uchitel'-teacher) 

Russia's overgarments began to fly over him as he got his stuff ready, about to head out of the house. 

"I'm fine, папа."

"That's my дочь." He kissed her slowly on the forehead. (дочь-doch'-daughter)

"You know your comrade that you're hanging out with today?"

"Латвия?" The Russian nodded quietly. (Латвия-Latviya-Latvia

"She's in math club. You don't have to join, but-"

"папа, I'm not joining the math club."

"Ok." The Russian responded very simply as he grabbed his keys and walked out the door. Their family dog snored sleepily yet peacefully as the door locked behind the two countries, rays of sunshine basking him in warmth.

The two had walked together, holding hands before they made it all the way to the crosswalk. Russia was about to walk his daughter over when suddenly their hands separated. 

"папа, can I walk alone?" The Russian nodded in submission as he sighed, waving over and smiling at his daughter. 

"Be safe, Беларусь!" She did not respond as she met up with Latvia, the two hitting it off, sort of. 

The Russian sighed as he too made his way across the crosswalk alone. This would be, according to his daughter, "good for street cred" or whatever they said nowadays.

It's just such a fascinating thing then, how the story played out the way it did. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've never seen forever

I've never seen forever in the wild

But now I'm lookin', now I'm lookin' in its eyes