Chapter 9 - Will It Blend

"Hello, morning everyone!"

The Chinese man's face brightened up as her crew and by extension the rest of the gang, approached the set. South Korea had her phone out, holding down the record button as the man went on with the show. After all, he was a celebrity, and celebrities do endorsements all the time. There was a smile on his face, but Russia knew this was all for the camera, this meant nothing to him, just business as usual.

"Alright now, you're not going to believe this, but every morning one thing that I always like to have to drink is a smoothie," China explained, his hands moving to explain his point better. "So I like to blend daily with my Blendtec."

You wouldn't think that China used such an Western brand but it was true. After all, what other blender should be given to China the celebrity than the brand that created the series this chapter is named after? 

The rest of the gang at the set, Russia, America, Japan, all stared at the man in interest, the subject in their focus grabbing up a handful of cut off fruits and dropping it into the machine.

"I take some 青菜, mix and go." (青菜-Qīngcài-leafy vegetable)(I think)

The Russian nodded his head but looked a bit confused as he turned to Japan to express his opinion on the situation, his voice drowned out by the sound of the blender. China's hand grabbed the handle as he poured himself a nice cup of green juice for the camera. 

The sound had finally died down, but another had begun to speak whatever the matter was.

"Look, Япония, I hate to interrupt schedule but we need a line between the students and the schedule, okay?" Russia asked, his voice slightly pleading as Japan nodded in agreement. (Япония-Yaponiya-Japan)

"Oh yes, don't worry, no problem."

"You're a little shiny there," another person went as the man pulled the Russian into a chair. 

Meanwhile South Korea was still handling China's situation, offering up her phone as the Chinese man took a picture for whatever social media endorsement this commercial would end up being.

"Let's take a 셀카," the South Korean girl said as the Chinese man grabbed her phone, posing for a nice selfie with his green juice. (셀카-selka-selfie)

"I don't like this at all," was all the Russian could say as men and women surrounded him, their brushes darting all over his face as his American friend looked at him and smiled. "I hate this, this isn't my world, I don't belong here."

"It's natural," the American stressed, his hands flailing in an attempt to calm the man down.

"I just feel like everyone and everything here is materialistic," the Russian man used the best of his English vocabulary to explain his point to the American. "Everything in his life is an ad."

"I know, but Ruski, please, don't ruin this for me, okay?"

"Listen! I-"

Russia's voice was cut off by Japan's arm interrupting him, her arm on his back as she checked up on him.

"Is everything okay?"

"Look, I'm sorry, it's just, I don't think this will work." The Russian man sighed in defeat as he rubbed his forehead slightly.

"Look up," one of the women requested the Russian man as he followed their orders, albeit slightly reluctantly.

"It's just perspective."

"It's not just perspective, Япония."

"I know its easy to see 中国 as some mega pop star with endorsement deals, a narcissist who takes meaningless selfies, but you're getting it wrong-"

"When is selfie meaningful? I-" 

"Look up."

"I'm not trying to be negative but I'm not social media person. It's a distorted reality."

"I'm so glad I came to your TedTalk," the American man joked around with him as the Russian man sighed again. He always seems to do that.

"Come on, I see it in my class, it's just-"

"중국's ready to move, let's go," Korea's voice suddenly came into the room as the makeup artists made their final touches. The Russian man only replied with silence, staring off into the mirror and then at the window.

"Social media can also reach people. It can be a tool!"

"I know, but-"

"You know what a tool is though, right 러시아?" the Korean girl made a snarky comment as she brought out her phone to start texting somebody.

"韓国, not right now," Japan's voice reached out to her as she put her hand up as to say stop.

"Ooh, sick burn," America responded, his mouth shaped into an O.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so they were, the two men, a Chinese celebrity, world renowned and universally loved, and Russia, just a typical homebody dad obsessed with math. The two walked down the long corridor, the Russian man a bit apprehensive as cameras were following them.

"I know it's a lot, 俄罗斯, but just go out there and be yourself," the Chinese man asked of him as he turned his head around to face his eyes towards him. (俄罗斯-Èluósī-Russia)

"Myself wouldn't be here, but..." the Russian's eyes wandered off in embarrassment as he stuck his hands into his pockets, his stance becoming slightly more wobbly.

"Look, we don't have to do this if you don't want to," the Chinese man reassured him, placing his hand on the Russian's shoulder.

"What would I do then? Leave?" The Chinese man turned around after the Russian's response, quietly whispering to his crew.

"I thought you said he was into this." China's crew only responded slightly coldly.

"He is. They can hear you," Japan forced her voice to be quiet as both parties involved knew the press conference was either going to end well, or end in disaster. Hopefully it was the former. Russia's face sighed as he looked up, their bodies headed straight for the door, the light from its windows becoming closer and closer, stronger and brighter. South Korea made the courtesy to open the door for the "married" couple, the handle bitterly cold as they made their way in.

"Ladies and gentlemen, China and his new husband, Russia!" Japan introduced the pair as she smiled sweetly, China and Russia themselves deciding to go with the flow and smiling as well. Cameras flashed in their faces, applause booming around the room as Russia's smile was slightly forced, him speaking through his teeth.

"This won't end badly, will it?"

"I hope not."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby, marry me, marry me

Say yes

Marry me, marry me

Say yes

Marry me, marry me

Say yes for the rest, the rest of your life (Marry me, baby)

Marry me, marry me

Say yes

Marry me, marry me

Say yes

Marry me, marry me

Say yes for the rest, the rest of your life (Oh)