Chapter 12 - Strike!

"Yes!"

Pins tumbled down as Russia scored another consecutive strike at the bowling alley. He threw his arm out in success, bringing out a full-hearted chuckle as he celebrated his victory. Russia turned around, seeing his current "husband" sit very patiently, a small smile across his face as he admired his beautiful demeanor. "Alright, Китай, your turn."

The Chinese man simply chuckled as he made his way up, rubbing his hands in anticipation as he grabbed a bowling ball. He placed it around his chest, his arms securing the ball in place as cameras began to surround them. As much as Russia wanted it to be just a simple meetup between the two, celebrity life was anything but.

"Don't worry, don't be nervous. Now, I assume you have not bowled much before based on how you hold it," the Russian explained, pointing to China's stance.

"What do I do?" the Chinese man asked, the most innocent face laid upon his face. South Korea was obviously having a fun time here, her eyes solely focused on her phone who was live-streaming the entire time.

"Uh, y-you have to put y-our fingers in 3 holes, yeah," the Russian explained to the Chinese man, China appearing to not even notice those holes at first as she placed her thumb and 2 fingers into them. The two made their way over to the bowling lanes, a snarky expression on China's face pointed towards the camera as Russia didn't know any better.

 "Take 3 step forward, land on your left, don't be afraid to-"

With one quick movement of his wrist, China easily rolled the ball down, his aim point blank as he rolled it straight ahead, gathering a strike from the machine and a blank expression from Russia's face, obviously not expecting someone like China to nail such a perfect shot. 

"Strike better than spare, right?" A serious expression laid upon China's face before it went back to a hearty laugh and a smile. The Russian rolled his eyes with a smile as the cameras came up to him. 

"It's your first time bowling!" The Russian was in disbelief at such beginner's luck, but China was soaking it up, pointing to South Korea and the livestream, quite in shock, really. "Yes, did you get that?" The Chinese man slightly hit his fists on the Russian's chest before South Korea came in.

"I should've bet, 오빠," South Korea responded as she moved the camera further towards Russia. (형-hyeong-older brother) "People are loving this!"

"Wait, what people?" the Russian asked genuinely, a confused smile upon his face.

"It's a live stream, people are watching, 237,000 to be clear," South Korea responded. "They're all like, why is he such a nerd?" 

China gave a stern look towards his assistant and one of his best friends. 

"Their words, not mine."

"Cut it out, 韓国," Japan chimed in, much to Russia's silent but appreciative relief. 

"Alright, 태양의 소녀." (태양의 소녀-taeyang-ui sonyeo-sun girl) 

"韓国!" Japan was flustered slightly as she said this, a blush upon her face as she gave her a look that almost said "when we're done with this I am going to get my revenge." South Korea only winked in response. "Anyway, we just need more b-roll for the Today Show."

"Oh, I-I need to go home for my dog," Russia responded, more coldly this time than other responses he had made towards China and his crew. 

"He has a dog?" South Korea asked, whispering into China's ear.

"Whatever," China responded quickly before turning back to Russia. "You have to go?"

The man nodded quietly. "Well yeah, if you're done with me."