Chapter 3 - Building Pressure

"Then on the shore of the wide world, I stand alone, and think, till love and fame to nothingness do sink." 

The Chinese man twirled around, blazed in a gorgeous grey suit. His best friends and managers were scrambling around like chickens, trying to get everything ready for the concert. Today was the big day, the day where the big question was going to be asked, and China could not be more excited.

"You think he'll like it?"

"Well, if you explain to him, sure," Japan had dismissed whatever China was saying, her eyes diverting back to her phone while she walked off to manage some other stuff for China. South Korea's eyes turned to the Japanese girl and then back to China.  

"It's beautiful. Oh, 오빠, I'm so excited for you! You look so beautiful and you're gonna get married!" The South Korean's eyes glistened as the two started dancing and getting down to it. This was gonna be an epic wedding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Today would've been our anniversary," America's legs crossed on top of each other as he sat in his friend's classroom at one of the desks. "Damn Spain."

"You guys dated for two weeks!" Russia exclaimed almost frustratedly, his eyes not coming off the papers he was correcting. 

"Well, it was really 17 days, so over two weeks, unless you don't include the breakup. And he dumped me over a text." The American bit his nails a bit, staring off a bit dreamily as his expression went a bit silent.

"Sad, comrade."

"Come with me to the China and Mongolia concert tonight." The American simply blurted out his newest epic idea/antic right as Russia's eyes came off the paper. The Russian tilted his head slightly, laying back into his seat as he put his papers and pen away, crossing his hands on top of each other as he stared up into his eyes.

"Ameri, I'm not concert person, I don't like loud sound," the Russian choked up a bit as he sighed, rubbing his forehead. This was America, it's another one of his crazy ideas. He just has to get through this and then he will leave and he can go back to doing whatever he needs to do.

"Russia, please, just come with me. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity! It's as rare as a solar eclipse!" The American walked over, suddenly slamming his hands on the table, towering over the Russia as he looked down at him.

"Amerika, I don't like concert. I just want to go home. I have Беларусь this time."

"Good, I bought three tickets. Why don't you bring Belarus with you? Maybe she will think you're fun again?"

America really outdid himself this time, bringing in Russia's daughter, Belarus, into his argument. And if it was any other person, Russia would be all in over them, screaming at them and nearly beating them up for bringing his precious daughter into the equation. To be fair to America though, the idea of Belarus thinking that Russia was fun again did sound promising, and as the two stared into each other's eyes, the idea increasingly became more appealing to him. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russia began to regret his decision as soon as the music started on the stage. Loud music, colorful strobe lighting had filled the hall as everyone began jumping, pumping their arms up in the air as China kicked off his performance. He could tell America and Belarus were having the time of their lives, but Russia simply sat silently, not having any of it.

And of course, America, being the lovely friend he was, decided to bring with him a handmade poster sign that had "Marry Me" on it. Why did America do this? He must've thought it was fun or something, nobody knew.

I'm down on my knees, I've fallen for you

You've opened my gates, and showed me the truth

I'm born again, I'm feeling renewed

You showed me the way, I'm baptized in you

(But in Chinese)

Everyone was screaming at the top of their lungs, jumping off, grabbing their phones to record, just having a good time sweating it out in there.

"Why am I here?" was all that was going through Russia's mind as he looked to his side to see his daughter and America just enjoying everything. And of course, America was jumping with that stupid poster. 

You make me sing out hallelujah (Testify)

This kind of love will do it to ya

(But in Chinese)

The Russian looked back to the man stopping the show with his good looks and choreography. 

"Well, at least he's having fun." The Russian finally found it in himself to smile a bit, grabbing his phone to light the flashlight so he could see past the shimmering lights of people and the stage.

Lord, almighty

(But in Chinese, okay I'll stop doing this joke now)

The Chinese man finished the show, throwing himself back into a trust fall before bringing himself up again, finishing his performance with a stunning round of applause.

"We love you China!" was the message that reverberated throughout the audience, as the man made his way down to make his greetings to the crowd known.

"大家好! How is everyone doing?" China simply asked sweetly as he yelled into the microphone. The crowd roared in excitement. "Thank you everyone for being here for something so special! Are there any Asians here?" (大家好!-Dàjiāhǎo!-Hello everyone!) 

Of course, there were definitely quite a few screams and cheers as these people made themselves known within the crowd. And China would only respond with a simple smile as he went up to speak again.

"Well, I'm looking for one," was all that China said as he smiled, turning his attention to someone slightly off stage. Of course though, everyone knew who he was talking about, as the Mongolian came up, kissing his beloved on stage as the crowd sucked it all up, screaming in excitement.

"Wait, Ruski, hold this," the American suddenly went as he placed his handmade "Marry Me" poster into his hands, forcing the Russian to hold it as the American turned around, grabbing his phone to send his ex something. "Suck it Spain!"

The Mongolian started his song as the American finished his antics, going back and putting his phone back into his pocket as he turned back to the concert, never asking Russia for the sign again. It was a good night.

But not for long. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True love gotta ring, ring, ring

Church bell soundin' "ring, ring, ring"

This queen, need a king, king, king

For life, for life, for life

True love gotta ring, ring, ring (Ring, ring)

Church bell soundin' "ring, ring, ring" (Ring, ring)

Angels gonna sing, sing, sing

Tonight, tonight, tonight