Chapter 4 - Something Different

"Yeah, I mean-"

Japan had been talking on the phone with her friend, checking documents on her computer when South Korea came bursting in.

"일본, something's wrong!" (일본-ilbon-Japan)

"何?" Japan had been taken aback as she ended her call, turning around suddenly as she took notice of the situation. (何-nani-what)

"Check CHCN!" The Korean scrambled off with her phone to let the rest of the team know, while Japan herself went straight to the news site to go check up on what Korea was talking about. Her expression immediately dropped in horror as she discovered what was happening. This couldn't be happening, not so soon to the wedding ceremony. She immediately closed the laptop, running over to catch China as he made his way off the stage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you ready for the wedding?" Mongolia shouted as he finished up his song, singing with all his heart as the crowd went wild yet again. America and Belarus again were having some fun times together, moving about, just waving their hands aimlessly, while Russia was standing to the side, still holding America's poster.

One thing that had happened in the crowd however were that some people had caught on to the same situation South Korea and Japan had just caught wind of, their gasps and epiphanies drowned out by the ignorance of the rest of the crowd. 

Mongolia had made his way down off the stage once he finished his song and greeted the audience yet again, the voices of their cheers and screams following behind him as he made his way down to meet up with his fiancee. 

And there he was, staring in confusion as he turned around as his team began pulling their phones out, their faces of confusion, horror, expression filling the room.

"什么? What's everyone looking at?" China was so utterly confused at the situation unfolding right before him. He turned around, confused as Mongolia came up right behind him. (什么-Shénme-what)

"Oh, China, love. I know we're not supposed to see each other before it starts but-" Mongolia had begun his embrace towards the East Asian before Japan stepped in to pull him away.

"No," was all that Japan had to say before grabbing China's hand and leading him away from his beloved, an expression of pure perplexity coming upon him as Japan lead him towards the elevator that would take him up to the stage.

"And now, the moment you've been all waiting for!" A loud voice boomed outside as China's and Japan's eyes moved upwards, their gaze pointing towards the outside stage as they gulped in sync, knowing that the show couldn't stop now. 

"What's everyone talking about, 日本?" China asked in worry as he followed the woman, making his way onto the elevator. (日本-Rìběn-Japan)

"Nothing, 中国," Japan tried to calm the Chinese man down as his face became more worrisome by the second. (中国-Chūgoku-China)

"Why is everyone so shocked?"

"Nothing's wrong."

"Why is everyone looking at their phone?"

"Forget about them!"

"Give your phone, 日本!" The Chinese man said sternly, holding out his hand for Japan to give him her phone. Japan nodded silently, giving her phone off to the other East Asian for him to see. 

"It might be a hoax."

China's expression had dropped suddenly as he finally knew the severity of the situation. His gaze, his dreams, his beloved, they all had been shattered as his eyes were stuck, glued to the screen. He couldn't believe what was happening.