Chapter 6

After the reveal that Azazel wanted to meet with y/n personally, the Reaper began getting warry. Though Raynare quickly put her hand over his on the table.

Raynare: "He Gave me the location he wants to meet with you. It's just a normal house, noting to worry about. No traps our anything. He seems just genuinely curious about you."

Y/n: "I heard he collects sacred gears. And given that I have one of the strongest ones, I have a feeling he wants something with them."

Raynare: "You really don't trust him do you?"

Y/n: "I haven't met him yet, so I have no reason to. But I guess I have no options. When does he want to meet?"

Raynare: "Tonight."

Y/n sighed. Of course he'd want to meet as soon as possible. But not even 24h after leaving his Peerage? There had to be more to it.

After all the details were talked out, and the other 3 said their thanks to y/n for saving them. Night had quickly fallen and soon enough, y/n made his way to the Address raynare gave him.

Once Infront of the house, he noticed only one, strong energy signature inside.

Y/n: "He's really alone...maybe I'm just to untrusting."

Soon enough he entered the house and saw light in the living room.
Once entering, he saw a man sitting on the couch. The top of his hair a dark brown while the tip becomes blond. Soon enough he turned to y/n and smiled.

Azazel: "Ah, you must be the Devil Boy Raynare is charmed by. Please have a seat."

Noticing no hostility or ill intent, y/n sat down across from Azazel, still on guard as he did. The fallen angel leader poured himself a glass of what looked like whisky and looked at y/n who declined the alcohol.

Azazel: "No need to be so tense. I didn't want to meet with you to fight it take you Scythes. I just wanna talk."

Y/n: "As do I. Which is why I agreed to meet in the first place."

Taking a sip of his beverage, Azazel leaned back on the couch and looked at y/n from head to toe.

Azazel: "So I guess the first order of Business is a thank you. Thanks for keeping my little birds alive during gremorys....rage I guess?"

Y/n: "I only did what I did because they are my friends and lover. It was only natural I tried to keep them safe."

Azazel: "And yet they are fallen angels. I'm guessing Rias didn't take to kindly to you being with one in a relationship."

Y/n: "It wasn't hostile, but it wasn't really peaceful either. So I am a stray now because I love Raynare."

Azazel smirked before taking another swing and pouring more whisky into his glass.

Y/n: "Raynare mentioned if she was to take the twilight healing she'd become a-"

Azazel: "That was a lie."

He simply blurred out, angering y/n. Though the anger quickly set after he continued.

Azazel: "Someone else gave the order under that mantle to stir up Chaos between devil's and Fallen Angels. And I have a feeling I know who it is."

Y/n: "Who?"

Azazel: "His name is Kokabiel. A 12 wing fallen angel leader. And a war fanatic. After the great war was over he was the most disappointed of them all. Knowing him he wants to start another one somehow."

Y/n: "Then why aren't you stopping him?"

Azazel: "He's working from the shadows. Uses pawns to do his bitting, his setting up. Hell only reveal himself when the time is right. And when that happens, I want you to be there and take him on."

Y/n blinked a few times before he chuckled.

Y/n: "You want me, a devil Rook, to try and take down a leader class fallen angel? Are you already that drunk?"

The general fallen angel chuckled as he set down his glass and got up to seemingly grab something.

Azazel: "You're stronger than you give yourself credit for Y/n. Honestly I believe you're the strongest piece in Rias' board. Plus, you'll be getting some help from this.

He sat down a black box onto the table. Locked with two locks and a chain as green energy oozed out of the cracks. Y/n looked at it and felt like it was calling to him while feeling a dark aura seeping out of the box

Y/n: "What...is that?"

Azazel: "While I collect Sacred Gears, I also collect Relics, seemingly lost during the great War. And one of those things, is this box. From what I found, it can only be opened by the Sacred gear you have. The scythes of despair. Look at the end of it."

He summoned his weapons and looked at the purple crystal at the end of the two, then at the locks on the box. Which seemed to have the perfect shape.

Azazel: "Inside is a weapon of great power that drains both phisical and magical strength from any targets it hits. A weapon that is referred to as a 'Weapon of Sorrow' a weapon I was on the receiving end of."

Still sceptical, y/n continued to look at Azazel and the box before taking a deep breath and opened all three locks on it.
Opening the box slowly, inside layed a jagged weapon, jagged like the Thorns of a Rose that wilted over time. Orbs that glowed green like poison ready to devour anything it touches

He took the weapon into his hand, he felt like something was whispering to him

He took the weapon into his hand, he felt like something was whispering to him. But he shook his head and looked at it for a bit.

Y/n: "It....feels like this gun....is alive somehow...and it seems like it hungers...it's weird, I can't describe the feeling."

Azazel: "There are still a few strays around Kuoh, go give it a try maybe. In the meantime, give the other 4 my regards. They aren't in trouble for what they did. But tell Raynare I would like to see her.

Y/n narrowed his eyes as he got up.

Y/n: "What...for?"

Azazel: "She wants to get stronger, we both know that. And I plan on staying in Kuoh a while, it's a nice town. So I'll train her occasionally so she can keep up with you*

He shot y/n a wink which made him chuckle. He mentioned as well that if the other 3 were interested, they can join the training sessions. With that, he bid the government general farewell as he teleported away.

The box the weapon was in, shortly after Desintegrated while a knock was at the door.

???: "hello? I'm from the house of Gremory, I'm here for a Pact?"

Azazel simply smirked.

_______________________________________________

A/n

Alright people, thorn is aquired. Hope you like this change up from how he got it in the other book compared to this one.

Leave your feedback if you want as always, and I'll see you next chapter!