Chapter 4: Group_Hug

Chapter 4

Enjoy

____________________________

Anger

That was all Leizi felt when she witnessed His Majesty being beaten. She was not the kindest person but she doesn't consider all infected evil, just wary in their presence. She knows the minority doesn't encompasse the majority. The scene she witnessed wavered that belief.

She breathes in and exhales, smoke billows from her jaw and her horns crackle with crimson lightning.

Calm

What she witnessed also emboldened something in her. The authority His Majesty gave in the confrontation. A single gun and a few words infront of an angry riot of infected. If she had doubts that she was looking at an imposter, those

treasonous thoughts were foiled the minute he acted.

The confession of the Sarkaz who was and is literally called "Shining" also reminded her of one his core traits. Compassion, a rarity given the immediate luxury he was presented as a child of an Emperor.

She then reminds herself of what he had to experience. Poverty, at its very worst. The living conditions she remembers from Ursus are not always ideal, moreso for the common folk. To know His Majesty had to endure a life worrying each meal would be enough to survive the next day, it irked her. She slowly turns her head towards the only princess of Yan, Ying Li.

"Your Maj-", the qilin's words got stuck in her throat. The noble courts of Yan considered Ying Li to have the grace

befitting of a goddess. There was no grace in the tears that flowed down her eyes, and the sniffling whimpers that came out her throat.

Without a single thought she opened her arms infront of the princess, the force of her embrace knocking the bodyguard a couple of steps. Leizi can feel the stains that were increasing in her shoulder but all she can do is console the princess. Replicating the calming motions that soothed the princess His Majesty used for her.

This only intensified the flood.

She gazes towards the room to the west side of the Lobby. The two kids both a boy and a girl holding the arms of a beaming mother exited. The aroma that came out of the room was alluring to say the least. The

person that followed was a cautus with blue eyes, a bond that seemed to keep flowing, and attire almost fit in the tundras of the north with how white it is.

The last one leaving surprised her, a Wendigo. From size alone she guesses he was old, the massive frame would crush any would be opponent he faces.

The kids seemed to catch the qilin's gaze and rushed with a familiar swiftness to their steps. The girl asked Leizi directly, compassion and worry in her little eyes.

"Miss, sorry for bothering you but what happened in here that made her cry?", the innocent question made everyone in "The Lobby" pause. They witnessed a scene that was longer than 10 minutes, at most 30.

To the ones inside the west wing they were only a few moments.

Ignoring the atmosphere of the audience. Ying Li looked back towards the kids, using a napkin to wipe her face before reassuring the kids infront of her.

"It's fine, I only got worried for a brother I cared about.", the princess tells a half truth.

"Oh, I understand how that feels. Me and Aesop still worry where ours is right now.", the little girl explained in earnest.

"We need to trust Brother Ye, he's got to be out there. I can feel it.", the words of the boy caught the attention of everyone. Their necks nearly snapping at the velocity.

Leizi heard the hiccup of the princess as she slowly asks out a question, "Excuse

me, but did I hear it right that you called someone, Brother Ye? If I have to ask, what are your names?".

"Brother Ye is the bestest brother anyone could ask for! Oh, I forgot to introduce myself and my sister. I'm Aesop and she's Elan.", the boy wouldn't know it but his words rattled those that witnessed the hospital confrontation.

Did he know they were alive?

Did he blame himself for their presumed deaths?

Did he not care for his own well-being?

Questions bounced around Leizi's head like a pinball but the princess' words surprised her.

"That's rather odd, do you know who I am

little ones?", the smile on her face was radiant.

The kids however saw a similarity, she smiled just like him. They synced once more in their question.

"Are you his sister?", they shouted.

The princess of Yan put both hands on her mouth to stop herself from giggling out loud.

"I am Lin Ye's sister, Lin Lily.", she lies as naturally as she breathes. The bodyguard was aghast at the white lie the princess fabricated on the spot.

"SISTER LILY!", they ran towards their new sibling. Hugging her with a grip that could rival a bear. The princess wanted to share a moment with the kids not as an

important figure of Yan, but as herself.

Leizi drifts her gaze towards the god-fragment nearby. The recognizable smirk present on her face. The living forge stands up in approach towards her new siblings.

"Come on sis, don't hog the kids' attention only on yourself. They gotta know their cooler sister. My name is Nian, and who you call "Brother Ye" is also my brother too, although I prefer to call him gege.", she hides her hands inside her jacket, striding in confidence with each step.

"SISTER NIA!", they shouted once more whilst dragging a helpless princess as she yelps in surprise of their strength. Fluffiness enveloping the hearts of those that watched.

A group hug began with the newly made siblings before the kids realized they were missing two people. One of which was their amazing brother, Ye. The other was present in the place they were at and both chorused at the same time.

"SISTER LENA! COME ON, JOIN US!", Yelena paused before being shoved forward by a small force from her father.

A deep chuckle echoed the room, some shuddered at how deep its pitch was. Those that knew him well, he did the equivalent of a hearty laugh.

Yelena ran towards the little group and joined the hug. Not to be outdone, a certain firestarter ran towards the growing circle.

"I KNOW BROTHER YE TOO!", Ifrit bellows out.

The kids laughed in glee and let her join in the hug too. The older sisters were a bit hesitant but they didn't show it with the small giggles each one had.

Leizi realized now that His Majesty wasn't interested in the lavish riches, the finest cuisine, or the strongest armies. He cared about one thing the most. The one thing that he would challenge the very gods on high for.

Family.

_________________________

Hope you all enjoy the chapter

Goodbye