Chapter 13:The_First_Meal

New chapter

Enjoy.
_________________________

To Patriot, seeing many people of different histories and experiences all having a calm and exemplary time dancing to the choir of a certain bounty hunter was reminiscent of his times in the north. Simple tools of war and combat were modified as instruments for revelry, even when the demons collapsed on top of them their morale did not waver.

However seeing Yelena, his daughter enjoying her time and looking more alive than he had seen her before. He started to regain a feeling that he once thought was lost.

Hope.

All of it was abrupted by the loudest rumbling the 'Audience' ever heard. Wendigos were known for their incredible size and combat prowess but people failed

to understand that even if they were large, they could withstand not eating for almost weeks at a time.

The rituals excluded as those could turn their foes into their nourishment with ease and at worst use their dead comrades as the next ration.

Yelena howling in laughter before Elan and Aesop following suit at the expense of the last Pure Blooded Wendigo. Curiously Patriot sees the Lich Sarkaz moving towards him with her hands raised, no ill will. Kneeling at his side, she uses her arts to soothe some of the aches in his stomach that he didn't know was possible.

He was still hungry.

Standing up quite literally shook the floor as he heaves himself towards the massive

spiral stairway.

The 'Audience' follows suit alongside the Wendigo, once again surprise evident behind his mask the Dame brisk walks towards him and matched his pace.

"Buldrokkas'tee"

"Dame"

The old lynx frowns hearing that title.

"You know I don't deserve that title."

"Deserving. Not. The respect behind it was no lie."

Yelena who was ahead of them matched pace to eavesdrop on them. Curiosity got hold of her on what they were discussing.

"You never met Lin Ye I assume?"

"I know not, only some details, around the man, that saved my, daughter."

Talking was a chore for him, breathing wasn't painful but it was like an anvil in his throat. The detail didn't pass the attention of Kal'tsit.

"I won't ask you answer for long then, what we see right now. His memories and apparently are from both lives."

Hearing it directly from the person her father respected, chilled her to the bone. If that was true then his words back then had a different meaning.

He wasn't scared of death, he's seen and been there.

"He died, and still, lives?"

"From the tomb you had to see for yourself, I'm fairly sure. What did you see inside?"

The old giant ponders how to articulate the majesty inside the tomb. If it was ornate on the outside, the indoors was nothing short fitting for a king. Flowers, plants, and small trees decorated around a singular coffin with 9 different species he counted.

"Grand, Regal, Exotic."

"Exotic? In what way."

"Flowers, Plants, I counted 9, different. I believe one, was a maple tree."

As their conversation continued to entice Yelena to listen, another person heard all

of this as if the winds carried the words for her.