Chapter 7: The_Last_House

New chapter is here

Enjoy
____________________________________

Yelena could only stare at the structure in horror. It was ornate and seemingly built to withstand the test of time. To say it was a form of respect was an insult, they were making this person's last send off the best money could afford.

Money couldn't bring back the dead after all.

As her pupils dilate, ears ring, and breathing quickened and she felt her arts loosen in control. She was panicking but firm hands were suddenly on her shoulders. Yelena raised her head and saw only Writer's comforting gaze. Its like him.

She still felt panic but it wasn't as violent of a reaction. She realized too late that Speaker said something to those in the "Audience". Lily she remembers, openly ran back to "The Lobby" openly crying with a

yellow haired qilin using her coat to cover friend. Liz or Nightingale she remembers had a thousand yard stare at the tomb while Shining clenched the hilt of her sword with a vice grip. Nearl was practically waiting to implode with Radiant light.

The Silverash family, Yelena knows them well as they were targets of Reunion once and only once. Their faces tensed and head lowered in mourning. The girl with the black scarf she doesn't remember being a part of them but the shaking in her mismatched eyes were almost glowing.

She realizes too late that the kids were present. They ran and practically slammed into Eva as anger, frustration, and disbelief in were present in their small eyes.

They were openly denying what they were

seeing, that it couldn't be him. Eva could only cry in their place.

The huntress, she expected a lot of things from the claymore wielding catastrophe. Her collapsing to her knees with tears flowing like a dam had broken was not one of them.

The liberi with glasses, Olivia she remembers is shaking. She isn't breaking at the slightest as she sees it was not sorrow that was present. It was anger, frustration, and fury in her eyes. The white haired liberi next to her, her face was practically the same as its always been with the only inconsistency was the quivering eyes dripping with tears.

The Vouivre next to them had their head down low, practically emotionless. The Sarkaz in their little group wasn't bawling

as most kids do, tears still in her eyes, she was composed and something similar apleared on her face. A small smile, it was exactly like his. Yelena could hear her small voice.

"You promised. You pinkie promised. You said we could watch movies, play games, have fun with Silence. I could've watched you try and spar against Saria, you didn't even know Joyce's real name, we could've surprised you." Yelena wasn't seeing a child anymore. She grew up. In the gravest way imaginable. Hand outstretched touching the door of the Mausoleum.

"We didn't even celebrate your birthday.", her words brought a chill to her spine. She never asked him herself when it was, Yelena couldn't ask him ever again.

Of all the things she sees similar to the

little Sarkaz with Ye, it was their similar affinity for emotions. She sees the control in her actions, her fiery arts seemingly at bay, and her expression as well as posture straight. She also knows she is hiding a lot more burdens than what her little voice is showing. Something that Yelena knows is too close in how similar to the person she knows is in the tomb.

She looks to her right and sees Amiya's face. She wasn't that old compared to her, in truth she looks younger than Yelena herself but she grew up to lead an entire landship.

To see the leader of such a professional company lower head and hear her muttering like a madman was chilling to witness.

"Not again!" She whispers over and over

and over in a repeated cycle. Tears weren't flowing down her eyes but the rain certainly gave a perfectly good substitute.

Yelena then looks towards the green Lynx with her partner, Mon3tr in its small form still on her shoulder. Her shoulders were not shaking, the gaze she casts onto the tomb was pure determination.

"Never again", she hears her whisper. Kal'tsit looks unto her father and simply stares before staring back into the tomb. A nod was the only thing her father replied.

Mon3tr growing in size began to carry Amiya carefully, comforting the Cautus even when its arms are jagged like stone.

Her father, Patriot looks back to her and Eva. They didn't need words to understand each other. She looks back and sees her father talk to Writer and Speaker before

opening the tomb and all three of them enter.

Yelena followed the rest back into "The Lobby", a spiral staircase was formed in their absence. When Yelena ascended the staircase she was surprised to see beds orderly placed. Ornate and regal in its design with the feeling of being on one of these beds were like a cloud.

Then they remembered the Mausoleum and realized too late that he would be on a cloud for eternity. All Yelena could do was to try and sleep off the stress. Others following her example.

She notices her father ascending the staircase and sit next to her bed, his massive frame using the side of the bed as comfort. Removing his fearsome helmet, all that was left was an old man.

"Rest Yelena. He's not Dead. He'll defy Fate", her father's words reignited life in her eyes and eased her worries.

It didn't ease the nightmares.
________________________________________

End of chapter.

Goodbye.