Part 4 (Luke's POV)

Willie looked up at me awkwardly.

"I'll find him. He muttered, dropping his skateboard and skating away.

"That went well." Julie muttered. I sighed in frustration and poofed out. I appeared in my bedroom, pushing the books off my bookshelf. They fell to the ground with a series of loud thuds.

"Sorry mum! Sorry dad!" I called as an instinct. Both my parents ran into the room, looking terrified.

"Oh, it was just the books." My mother sighed in relief.

"But how did they fall?" They looked around.

"Uh, I was angry, I pushed them off... I didn't mean to- "they completely ignored me, as if I wasn't there. Then I remembered. I was dead, I have been for 25 years. I stepped back as they put the fallen books back where they were.

"Mitch, what's this?" My mum asked, holding a folded piece of paper.

"Oh... uhh." He muttered as she opened it.

"Why was this stuck between his books?" She asked.

"You wouldn't stop rereading it, and it wasn't healthy. I put it there so you would stop blaming yourself for- "he didn't finish. She read through the page, before rubbing her eyes and placing it back on the shelf. They both walked out. I wanted to know what was on the paper, and why my mum was so attached to it... I walked over and picked it up. I didn't even make it through one line before I gasped and dropped it. I remember writing it...

I hid behind the bushes, peering through the was the night of the Orpheum. The lights of the hose were off, but the sun was just setting so I didn't think much of it. I ran up to the door, pulled the roughly folded piece of paper out of my pocket, jamming it in the crack between the door and the doorframe. I banged on the door, and ran back up the driveway, and up to the corner of the street, where my bike was stashed. I knew once they read the note, they would come looking, so I had to get out of there. I pedalled off back to bobby's house, to get ready with the guys.

Emily's POV (still a flashback)

Mitch and I walked up to the door of the house.

"What's that?" I asked. Mitch pulled the piece of paper and opened it up. It was too dark to see, so we went inside and turned the lights on.

"To..." he trailed off.

"What?" I asked. He looked me.

"It's from Luke." He murmured. I stared at him.

"What does it say?" He took a deep breath before reading it out.

'To mum and dad,

It's been a while. Nine months to be exact. While I miss you guys, I'm not sorry I ran. I had this... feeling in my gut that this band would do well. And guess what? I was right. We're playing the Orpheum tonight. I know you never supported the band, but I wanted to invite you to watch us is the most important gig we'll have. I miss you guys so much, but I refuse to come back until you accept the bandit you don't come, I'll assume you still don't want me in the band. I won't try to reach out again, so you may never see me again, but who knows, maybe you'll see me at another one of our gigs. I'll give you all you need to find me if you do change your mind. Just two words 'sunset curve' if you do decide to come, I'll keep an eye out for you. We go on at seven, sharp, but get there early, or you may not get in. If you don't get in, meet me at the side stage exit 8:00. Any later and I will not be there. Anyway, I hope to see you there, and if so, see you soon, but if not, goodbye, I hope I see you again one day.'

Mitch finished reading. We looked at the clock. I was 8:43. We were too late.

"We have to find him. What was the info to find him again?"

"It just says sunset curve... is that a place?" He asked. I shook my head, mystified.

"Either way, it's too late to do anything tonight. We'll search tomorrow, okay?" Mitch added. I nodded and we sat down. Mere minutes later, the house was washed in flashing red and blue light. An officer walked through the open door, which we had forgotten to close because of the note. We stood up hesitantly as he walked over.

"Mr and Mrs Patterson, your son Luke, has passed away." He spoke. I broke down, two lines from the letter swirling through my mind. 'You may never see me again. Goodbye.'

 as I was writing this, I realised, Lukes parents would've felt guilty for not going, and imagining their son looking for them as he performed, while Luke would've felt guilty for hid parents coming to the show only to find out he was dead... well, great. anyway, im doing flashbacks for the other characters as well, (ive done reggie and Luke, now for julie, Alex and willie.) these are sort of slow chapters for the actual main plot, but still have important stuff in them, (and foreshadowing) especially willies, so please don't skip them. anyway, I hope you are enjoying the series so far. 😁