Chapter 18 | L's mystious origins

A/n: I bless you with another chobits art style persacom L. With his little book and jim-jams.

It was fascinating seeing all the things L could do when he had the right tools

It was fascinating seeing all the things L could do when he had the right tools. With your latest pay, you'd bought him his own laptop, and taken it over to Near for help installing all the programs a persacom would find useful.

Near taught L how to use it, and all the programs on it, making sure to be careful to not surge anything with his massive power supply. And now L was taking his free time when you were out, or otherwise busy to plug himself into his laptop and study crime statistics so he could use the data to solve cases.

It was a smart idea he had, and you were pretty impressed with how well he was doing so quickly. He figured out if he downloaded data on crime statistics, he could use it to find the most likely situation in a case. And if the most likely option is ruled out, he can go the second, then third and all the way down the data until he found the solution. With his AI he could identify patterns and changes in behaviour in cases and suspects, and rule out possible leads that didn't go anywhere quickly.

He also quickly figured out that he couldn't have more than three chords connected at a time or he'd almost bust the hard drive. He was truly a force to be reckoned with...

So all morning you'd watched him sit at the kotatsu, a chord out of each ear port plugged into the laptop as he transferred data from the computer to himself. Soon he'd be able to start solving cases with all he'd learnt.

"Found anything interesting in all that data?" You asked, sitting down opposite him.

"Men are more likely to commit a violent crime, but the most common crime committed is theft in the form of shoplifting and pickpocketing" L replied.

"Can't say I'm surprised about the men part, but hey... I never really thought of his common theft is"

"Also the most common age rage for someone to commit a crime is in their 30s"

Already full of so many facts and statistics, L would make a great detective with his much information he can store. As he worked, you could hear the now very familiar soft electronic whirling that came from his inner computer. That noise meant he was processing something, you recognised it anywhere by now.

L seemed to be happy with his goal of understanding the statistics of crime, so you figured you'd let him work and you'd get some work done to. Although not regarding your job, you were off the clock and therefore you didn't have to give a shit about what was going on at work.

You wanted to keep looking into the chobits mystery, it was like your own little detective case. On your hunt for information with Nears help, you'd put everything together into a document so you didn't loose any information you'd learnt so far.

So far you knew that chobits were definitely real, L was proof. There was no way he WASN'T a chobit. You knew that multiple must have been made since the one in the photos that looked like L, wasn't him. Although it can't be that many made since L was the only working one found. The photos that were uploaded to the forums were hard to track down, Near was still having Matt and Mello work on that for you. The poster must have used a killer VPN or something. A password could be set on a persacom that would hide data and stop even the persacoms themselves from remembering what it was.