Chapter 34 | L's sting operation

A/n: this book is much shorter than my usual ones since it's more of a fluffy story and is based of Chobits which only has about 20ish episodes, so even though these are the last few chapters don't worry, I've already got the next L book started and ready to go as soon as this one ends.

With all the information L had been able to gather, this case was going so much faster than the police initially thought. Thanks to the DNA evidence and footage L managed to get, the suspect had already been identified and a plan had been made. After Matsuda consulted the taskforce and organised things with you, Misa and L, the details had been finalised.

They knew that suspect Light Yagami frequented the area the peep room was in and seemingly had ties to it as well, he'd been spotted on CCTV in the area multiple times. So going undercover the police as well as you and Misa would watch the area waiting for him to come by. According to Misa who'd once dated Light, he wasn't immune to taking risks. So a crime of opportunity seemed like something he'd try if we was desperate. When he was in the area, you'd pretend to leave L unattended and watch from the shadows.

When Light inevitably tried to snatch him up, that's when the police would strike.

L was willing to be the bait, he really wanted to be involved in the case and solve it. Although you were a little worried, you knew he could handle himself nowadays.

The red light district was sketchy enough as it was, you didn't really want to be there. But for the sake of the case and L achieving his dreams of being a detective, you walked down there with the police undercover on your trail with L. You gripped his hand tightly, a little nervous. Feeling the pressure he looked over at you with a reassuring smile.

"I'll be ok (y/n), I can fight now remember" L said.

"I know. I'm just worried because I love you, it's natural to worry about the ones you love" you replied.

L placed a kiss on your cheek, he loved it when you told him you loved him.

"I love you too, but I'll be ok. Promise"

Your phone buzzed and when you checked it, you saw a message from Matsuda who was watching the situation from afar in hiding. He was telling you now was the time. Looking around, but making sure to make it look natural so you didn't seem suspicious, you looked for Light. Spotting him with another man down the road talking to one another, you took a break and turned to L. Fixing the bow on his puffy shirt and ruffling his hair a little, you gave him a weary smile.

"Alright, you know what to do sweetheart. Be careful ok?" You said.

"I will, I'm gonna make sure this case is solved so he can't hurt anyone. Especially you" L replied.

Placing one last kiss on his forehead, you turned to leave and go hide with the police. Across the street was where Matsuda was watching from, slightly into an alley way hidden from sight. You stood beside him and watched nervously.

"He'll be ok (y/n), you've got one of the most elaborate persacoms there is. He can handle it" he assured.

"I know, I just love him a lot and worry..." you replied, watching L stand outside a shop pretending to wait.

"You know, I never really thought about love between a human and a persacom. But you and L proved to me it can happen, and it can be super cute"

That made you smile, you were glad the people around you didn't find the relationship you and L had strange.

After little while of waiting, Light and his associate finally spotted L and you and the police hidden away in the street early watched.

"Kira behind you, it's that persacom!" Mikami said.