🥀Chapter 6 . Feelings🥀

Cuphead commanded the staff to make you two a neat dinner as he asked you kindly to walk in the castle garden before dinner. You agreed and got out of bed. He made sure there was a proper dress for you ready to wear. You opened your closet and found the most beautiful winter dress you've ever seen!

 You opened your closet and found the most beautiful winter dress you've ever seen!

You smiled and happily put it on. You twirled around in front of the big mirror in your room and then exited your room. There was Sir Cuphead, waiting down the stairs for you. He smiled warmly and he offered his hand as you reached him. "Dinner shall be ready in 30 minutes.." He murmured and you nodded slowly. "You uhhh.. L-look wonderful...!" He smiled and you blushed softly. "You don't look bad yourself.." You giggled as he guided you to the castle garden. In the winter it looked so peaceful with the white snow covering the garden! "It's so beautiful..!" You gasped and he chuckled softly. "Like you.." He said underneath his breath, but you heard him loud and clear. 

You two arrived at the large frozen fountain, in the centre of the garden. The water was frozen in bows and with the snow layers in created a magical appearance... You carefully place your bare hands on the edge of the fountain and the cold snow freezes your hands. After a good 2 minutes of staring at the fountain you retreat your hands and blow your hot breath on them but it's barely at use.. "Here.. let me help you.." Cuphead offers and he takes your small soft hands in his big rough ones.  He guides them behind his back, under his warm coat he was wearing and he pulled me closer to him. A warm embrace was shared between us and I blushed a bit more now. His slow heartbeat relaxed me swiftly and I closed my eyes. "I hope you're happy here.." He suddenly said and I nod. "Even though I'm still your prisoner.. I don't feel like it anymore.." You smiled in his chest and he huffed. "That's because you're not a prisoner to me anymore." He chuckled. "W-wait.. what?" You gasped perking your head up to face him. He locks eyes with you and smiles warmly as he gives a small nod. "Yeah.. you're not my prisoner anymore... I let y-you go, and if you wish to leave.. Than that's totally fine with me..." He says looking a bit sad.

"N-no.." You mutter. "Hmm?" He hums. "I'm staying with you.." You say hugging him again. "Why..? If I may ask." "Because I am a bit hungry.. And the 30 minutes are over so I guess diner is ready." You smirk and he chuckles. 

"Remember our bet..~?" He asks as you two reach the castle gates again, the sun now setting. "No, I suppose not." You say blankly as you walk inside. "Hey! You can't just-!" He yells as he runs after you, but you're nowhere to be seen. "Damnit (y/n)!" He mutters as he walks into the dining room. There you were, in a wonderful dress (somehow magically summoned on your body).

 There you were, in a wonderful dress (somehow magically summoned on your body)

[the dress]

The table was filled with delicious food and wine. French wine to be precise, further there was bread, potatoes, vegetables, steamed pears, fruit, chicken, beef, pork, meat pies and what not more! The different smells and scents triggered their nostrils immediately as they both sat down, toasting on a fine evening. Cuphead couldn't help but smile at the sight of (y/n) happily munching on her food, sipping her wine and enjoying the warmth of the big fire next to the table. 

Soon she notices him staring and she stares back, making Cuphead flinch as he looks away quickly. She giggles at the sight of him getting flustered and not much later, she steps up from her chair walking over to him. Cuphead perks his head up and looks at her with a curious glint in his eyes. "Hmm?" He asks and she pulls him up from his chair. Her small hands in his gloved big ones. Her eyes shimmer in the light of the candle light and they smile warmly at each other. "Who's the hider and who's the seeker?" She suddenly asks, the smile never leaving her face. "I'll seek, you hide.. But I must warn you; hiding such beauty would be hard in a castle like this..." He smirks and she punches his shoulder playfully. "Oh shut it!" She smiles as she runs out of the room and Cuphead starts counting.

After 100 seconds of counting, Cuphead also leaves the room to find his Princess. He knows exactly where she is and walks up the stairs to the highest tower. When he passes his room he sees his soul gaining more life than before and he smiles at the sight. He then hears something fall on the ground from up the stairs leading to the highest tower of the castle. A soft chuckle leaves his lips as he proceeds to climb up the stairs, meeting (y/n) halfway. "Hey hey, princess! What's going on, you look stressed about something? Did you see a spider or something?" He chuckles as he grabs her by her waist pulling her close to him. 

Completely out of breath she looks into his eyes, her eyes filled with fear. Cuphead's expression softens as he sees the fear on her face. "(Y/n), talk to me.. What's going on??" He asks now cupping her face with one hand. "The villagers are coming to kill you! King Dice is on the front!" She shouts as tears start to form in her eyes as she places her hands on his shoulders. His expression changes to shocked as he looks out the small window located next to him. In the distance he sees light from the torches coming through the trees. He looks back at (y/n) who still looks concerned into his eyes. 

"(Y/n), hide in your room. Barrier the door and stay put, I'll deal with them. Whatever you do, don't be a hero I know what I'm doing.." He says pressing his forehead to hers as she closes her eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks. "I don't want to lose you..." She whispers, now wrapping her hands around his neck and he nods. "I know.. dear... I know..." He whispers back, also closing his eyes. The villagers come closer by the second, there's no time to lose! "Go, (y/n)! Hide, please before it's too late!" He says and she looks at him one more time. She hesitates... 'Should I do it..? Or maybe not..?' She thinks, she opens her mouth to speak but then closes it again. "What are you waiting for (y/n)?! Go!" He now shouts. "I kept you a promise!" She says and he smiles hugging her. 

"Save it after I return to you..."

🥀End of chapter 6...