🥀Chapter 7 . Revenge🥀

You hurry into your room and shove your make-up table in front of the door. You look out of the window and see that the villagers are carrying a huge tree trunk to break through the door. King Dice is at the front and within seconds you see they managed to break down the door! You panic and hide under your blankets.

You worry about Cuphead... and you start sniffling, tears rolling down your cheeks.

"Don't worry dear (y/n)..."

'Mugman..!'

"They don't stand a chance when they feel the presence of a ghost!"

You feel him leave the room and hug the pink blanket, Cuphead gave you. 'Why would he ever give this to me..?' You question. It had very emotional value to him, it was his baby blanket after all...

~flashback~

"Hey, (y/n) wanna see something cute?" Cuphead asks and you nod as you sit up. You were reading a book Cuphead had read to understand the meaning of love and affection more. You decided to lay on the carpet by the fireplace, the one where Mugman's painting was hanging above. "Yeah, sure what is it?" You ask curiously. He held his hands behind his back as he sat down next to you. "Promise me you won't laugh?" He asks and you nod. "Why would I laugh at something I haven't seen yet?" You ask nicely and he shrugs nodding. "Alright, alright! Good point!" He mumbles and he reveals a small, pink blanket.

"Aww, it's so small! What is it?" You ask and he smiles. "This is Mister Pinky, it's my baby blanket.." He explains blushing a bit, a little embarrassed. "Awww! That's so cute!!" You squeal and he turns his head away to hide his blush. "Do you still sleep with it?" You ask and he looks up to the painting. 'If you hear this brother, I swear as soon as you're out you better shut your mouth about this!' He thinks and he sighs. "Y-yes.. I do.." You gasp and scoot closer to him. "That's adorable!" You smile as you lean against his arm.

That night, he carried you to your room and let the pink blanket stay with you. He walked to the door and shot one last glance at you, now hugging the pink blanket... He smiled warmly at the sight.

~end of flashback~

It finally hit you... He loves you! Like, he cared but... "Whatever you do, don't be a hero!" Cuphead's words echo in you head. You hear the villagers yell and scream from all the way downstairs, but also footsteps running up the stairs to your room! You panic again and laid still underneath the blankets.

BOOM... BOOM... BOOM- CRASH!!

"There she is!" I hear a loud voice yell and the blankets were pulled off of me. I try to get away but it's no use... I was dragged downstairs, I saw King Dice and Cuphead fighting and Cuphead was winning. "Do it now you bastards!" King Dice grunts and I stare confused at everyone in the room. Then I saw the priest of the village with a book in his hands.

"In the name of Heaven and God, at this day the bond between Mister King Dice and Miss (y/n) (l/n) shall be connected to our Heavenly Father for eternity." He speaks and I see Cuphead look as confused at me as I was looking at him. "Do you, Mister King Dice, take (y/n) (l/n) as your arranged wedded wife?" He asks. "Oh yes I do!" He grins evilly and Cuphead was pulled against the wall by the villagers roughly. "NO!! (Y/N)!!" He cries and King Dice pulls you against himself. "You may kiss the bride!" The priest announces and you try squirm out of his grasp. "No!!" You yell and spit in his face.

This makes King Dice loosen his grip for a split second and you take this opportunity to escape from his grasp. You run to Cuphead as he uses his full strength to push the villagers away. "MOVE!!" You hear King Dice yell, but before he could reach you and Cuphead...

You wrap your arms around his neck, he wraps his around your waist. You pull his face towards yours and close your eyes. He does the same and the gab between your lips was finally closed...

A bright flash suddenly spread over the whole property belonging to the castle, it blew everyone away that was in the room, even King Dice. After the smoke clears, the castle was gone and turned back into the old cottage as it was all those years ago. The little garden, the goat, all the furniture was back to normal. You both pull away and open your eyes, you take a good look at Cuphead who had his original color scheme back; red accents on his straw, pants and his nose!

His eyes were now white with black packman pupils and his straw was no longer shredded. You gasp of joy and hug him tightly. "Oh Cuphead!" You cry and he hugs you back, twirling you around. "(Y/n)!" He cries along with you as he sets you down on the ground. After pulling back, you both take another good glance at each other.

Your clothes were also back to normal now, you were a little disappointed though but you knew it was okay. The whole Inkwell Isles were back to normal and all the villagers were standing around you two, applauding warmly. A small 'ahem' was heard behind you and you two turn around, seeing Mugman standing there with a smug look on his face. "Hello there, brother dear~!" He grins and Cuphead runs up to him.

"Mugman!!" He shouts as he gives his brother a big hug. "I knew you could do it.." Mugman whispers as he looks at you with a warm smile. He mouths a 'thank you' at you and you give him a playful wink. After they release each other they walk over to you, Cuphead wrapping his arm around your shoulders. "Looks like you finally got a girlfriend, Cupsy~" Mugman teases and Cups shrugs. "Hey, at least I got one earlier then you little bro!" He grins and you giggle. "Don't worry Mugman, there are enough fish in the sea!" You smile and he nods.

"DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!"

A loud and evil voice calls from thin air. The devil appears in front of you and you all flinch. "AAAAAAH!! THE DEVIL!!" Cuphead and Mugman shriek, but he just rolls his eyes. "I'm not here for you! I'm here for Dice!" He groans and we all relax, still confused. "Dice, you work for me and I'm the devil.. But an arranged marriage?! This wasn't our deal at all!" The devil roars as he approaches Dice who was lifted up by the pitchfork's power. He yelps in fear as he was pulled closer to the devil. "This is a crime against my job, Hell itself and my existence! You are FIRED!!"

He roars in anger and he takes the soul of King Dice away, before disappearing again. Everyone looks in shock as Dice's body lays there limp on the ground, fading away into dust... after a long silence everyone starts cheering and you and Cups look at each other. He then smirks, pulling you even more close to him making you blush even more. "Y'know you could always marry me~" He says and you kiss him again. "Later.." You smile hugging him.

"Agreed.."

🥀End of chapter 7...