5: Tension

As you and Warren approached Jinx Street, a sense of nostalgia loomed over you, as you used to live here. You shivered a bit and put your coat on, Jinx Street was always a bit colder after the incident.

Warren was looking out for the address whilst holding onto the edge of your jacket in case he walked off. He finally spotted the house. "Ok, Y/N. Its this house." You felt a shiver down your spine as you stepped onto the porch. "Ok, you slither into the house and wait for me to come in. Got it??" Warren nodded enthusiastically and started trying to wriggle into the doggy door.

It was admittedly pretty funny to see him stuck in the door like that. He was still writhing in the small hole. "Need any help there?" You said, in between snickers. "Yeah, j-just give me a small kick." You readied yourself to kick Warren in. You booted him into the house, making it a bit personal.

You then had to climb into one of the windows that Warren had unlocked. Now that you and Warren were in the house undetected, you had to locate the problem. It almost felt like a spy mission. You tip-toed on the hardwood floor whilst Warren tried to not leave his strange sticky trail on the floor.

You could hear arguing from upstairs. "Psst, Warren." You whispered. "Up there." You and Warren slowly and quietly made your way upstairs, trying not to make a peep. The arguing got louder and louder, and you recognised the voices.

It was your ex-friend and one of her many other friends. They were arguing over what sounded to be a boyfriend problem. Peeking into the door, you watch your ex friends ramble angrily to each other. Warren nudged you slightly in order to tell you.

You and Warren then burst into her bedroom, scaring them slightly. "Ok, Stop! Did you see what was happening here? Arguing with your friends is no way to talk with them." You joined in. "Indeed, Warren. It seems that this friendship has sunk."

You then realised that both these young girls were staring at you like they wanted to kill you.

You quickly grabbed onto Warren at the chest with both hands and dashed for the stairs with both girls chasing behind screaming obscenities. You kicked down the door and bolted out of Jinx Street whilst the two girls were still screaming.

As you finally screeched to a halt, you put Warren down and panted whilst sitting on the pavement. Warren looked as if he were just put on a rollercoaster, but the rollercoaster was vibrating.

He slowly sat next to you. As you looked at him, he was all flustered and couldn't utter a word. You helplessly tried not to blush too. "U-uh.. thank you Y/N.." he muttered. "No promblem." You replied, just as flustered.

The tension was high.