Chapter 13: The Heartslabyul's Tea Party: Part 3

Entering the mirror, the girls and beast were greeted by the site a copal-stone walkway leading to a red building that had a fusion of a castle and mansion; decorated with red rose bushes on each side. Next to the entrance way there was a flag displaying an emblem of a heart with a crown split in two with red on one side and black on the other— reading the word Heartslabyul on it.

Raven: This is really something else.

To be honest Raven wasn't expecting this; as a dorm involved the Queen of Hearts herself, she thought it would be more wonderland like— topsy-turvy, does not make any sense visually.

Minerva: Anyway, you haven't seen nothing yet. Come now.

Continuing further, Raven and Minerva stumbled upon a maze full of roses, however something was off about it; for starters half of these roses were white— which would not been a problem— but looking around the area, Raven noticed paint cans near the bushes and
some of the roses were oozing something red from them. Could this be paint? No, it couldn't be. While Raven looked on in confusion, Minerva and Grim spotted Ace and Deuce near some of the roses with paint brushes in there hands wearing clothing somewhat similar to hers.

Grim: Oh, there you two are.
Ace: Hey you guys are early.
Deuce: I'm glad you could make it— Woah!

As they noticed Raven they were immediately starstruck by Raven; although Ace snapped back to his senses after a few seconds— unlike Deuce as he stared at her still speechless.

Deuce: Ummm....YOU LOOK VERY LOVELY MS. QUEEN!
Raven: Uh, Thanks Deuce. But you really don't need to call my that.
Ace: Yeah stupid; we already met her before.
Deuce: Uh sorry, Raven.
Ace: Still though you clean up nice; but I guess Vil's the one who told you to dress up.
Raven: That's pretty much it.

Looking downwards from embarrassment, Raven noticed a small can of paint that Deuce has at his side.

Raven: So what's with the paint cans?
Deuce: Oh this? We use them to paint the roses of course.
Ace: We could change all the roses to red with magic; but back during the Queen of Hearts' time her soldiers of playing cards paint white roses red by hand. There's even a saying to it.
Not Pink, Not Green, Not Aquamarine;
It's Red or Nothing. So students who haven't master color changing have to paint.
Raven: (Now that's Wonderland like.)

Upon closer inspection, the girls noticed the paint was not the red Ace have said; instead it was a purple that was the exact shade of Raven's eyes.

Minerva: Then why did you have purple paint?
Ace: Because of this other rule; *Imitates Riddle* If the guest you invite to an unbirthday party after a time of learning higher power of yours one might paint the tips of red roses the shade of guest's eyes.
Deuce: No one here mastered color changing spells that can create an ombré affect so we're use paint for that part.
Ace: I mean seriously, why is that a rule?
Raven: Well the Queen of Hearts is a wonderlandian; so it have to make sense to not make sense.
Deuce: Wonder—what?
Ace: Never mind that; we're already falling behind.
Minerva: I can see that. Only a fourth of the roses are red.
Deuce: Well unless you're just going to stand there, are you going to help?
Minerva: Fine. I'll help.~
Grim: Asking the Great Grim for help; I suppose but it gotta costs ya.
Ace: Whatever Grim. Raven you're going to help too?

Raven was hesitant with her response. While she didn't mind as much, she was worried about getting a earful for Vil if she mess up her clothes.

Raven: Won't the uniform get dirty?
Ace: Don't sweat it. We'll clean it up for you before you head back. Just don't tell Vil.
Raven: Got it.