Chapter 14: The Heartslabyul's Tea Party Part 4

It had only been a few minutes since the party had begun and the venue already filled with an awkward amount of silence— with only the sounds of tea sipping breaking it from time to time. No one barely talked as all eyes were directed towards a long table that Riddle and Raven were sitting at along with a few others.
Just her luck; Raven had no choice but to sit right next to the Housewarden himself — as she was an important guest; and sadly her friends far from talking range to her on the table. As what felt like hours of silence, Trey finally broke it with the delivery of piping hot chicken pot pie on silver trays.

Trey: Hey now, how about we lighten the mood with some food. The tarts will take awhile so I make some pot pie as a main course today. I hope you can enjoy it.
Riddle: Thank you Trey.
Raven: Um, thank you.

As the pot pie was placed in front of her, Raven grabbed a fork and began taking bites of the food.

Raven: It's really good.
Trey: Well I'm glad to hear it.

Taking a slow sip from his cup, Riddle turned his attention to Raven— causing the latter to become unsettled.

Riddle: So, Ms. Raven, I heard word that you well acquitted with the Queen of Heart's daughter?

Already jumping onto the subject at hand I see.

*AHEM* Raven froze at the mention of Lizzie; she forgot what to do for a split second. She turned her eyes towards Minerva and Ace— trying to remember the plan— as the two mouthed the word vain towards her.
"Just be vain" she thought to herself; Raven just had to hope that the question would be to specific.

Raven: Yes, I do know...her. [Not on good terms]
Riddle: So you know the some rules of that the queen made yes?
Raven: A couple of them... [Only the ones Maddie told her]
Riddle: I can tell; you're name is that of a bird.

Raven how gotten confused on the statement.

Riddle: Rule 541, One whom name is that of a bird must not eat bird meat at a tea party.

Raven immediately chocked on a piece of the pie she was eating.

Raven: Well...we never had any pies when we have tea parties back home. None at all.
Riddle: Really now? Having a unbirthday party without knowing to rules....
Raven: Well she simplified them. You know, since not all our friends aren't from wonderland.....

Raven wanted to just sink in her chair as Riddle stared at her unsurely. It felt impossible to give vain answers while justifying herself on certain parts; "why did Ace say that she a Lizzie were friends and just stopped himself with the quiche rule?" she thought. Unannounced, Minerva frantically stand from her sit addressing Riddle on something.

Minerva: Um... speaking of rules; didn't you know that ask Raven about something involving a rule Riddle?
Riddle: Ah,Yes. The main reason for inviting a descendent from another dorm is to clarify a "rule" that I was unaware of.
So, is this rule about a quiche being eaten for brunch on a prime number on Friday true?
Raven: Oh. Yes; there is a rule like that.

Looking on, Ace gridded his teeth— hoping that Riddle believes the girl— as he was not quite a fan of being accused as a liar.

Riddle: Well since it seems that you are telling the truth.....I guess that's the case.
Ace: YES!

Blasting out of his sit, Ace finally celebrated; only to have an annoyed Riddle glaring at him.

Riddle: Ace....