Chapter 18 - Burning Depths

Trigger Warning:
torture scene
———

Katerina's POV

I can't help but cringe as the smell of blood, sweat, and piss fills my nostrils, but that's not even the worst part, considering I'm being hung by my wrists from chains that barely allow my toes to touch the ground.

Having been suspended for hours, it's safe to say that I have lost all feeling in my wrists, but that's the least of my worries at the moment.

"Glad to see you're still hanging around," a man snorted as he banged the metal door open and walked into the concrete room along with another man trailing behind him.

I watch through black, swollen eyes as the man walks towards me with a sickening smile plastered on his face.

"Have you gotten anything from her yet?" he asked the other man, glancing over his shoulder before facing me again.

"Nothing yet, boss," he responded.

I watch as the pathetic excuse of a boss huffs in annoyance before moving closer to my limp, hanging form. Grabbing my chin harshly, he forced me to face him.

"And how does a worthless little girl continue to withhold information?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes at me as spit flies from his lips. "You mustn't be doing a very good job Peter since she's been in your care for the last week and you've nothing to show for it," he snarled, glancing at my bloodied and battered form before turning his attention to the other man, aka Peter.

"I'm sorry, boss. I promise I'll get something out of her today," Peter pleaded, cowering away from his boss.

"Mmm, but how can you do that when you're dead?' his boss questioned, pulling out a pistol and aiming it at the man.

"Please, boss. I'll get you what you want," Peter begged.

"You have already failed me once," the boss began. "I don't do second chances," he commented, resting the tip of his gun under Peter's chin. "Fix this, and I might not kill you," the boss mused, before slamming the door as he leaves me alone with my closest friend, Peter.

"You stupid, good-for-nothing bitch," Peter snarled, storming over to me and punching me in the face, causing my head to snap to the side. "What the fuck do you know?" He screamed in my face, grasping my hair, and pulling me up to face him.

I hang there in his grasp for what feels like a full minute, cackling maniacally as I choke a little on the blood from my broken nose. "And why the fuck would I help you?" I laughed, coughing on more of my blood. Smiling evilly at my torturer, I confessed, "I would much rather watch you die than give any of you anything, but I will tell you one thing," I coughed out as the man leaned forward a bit to hear my low and raspy voice. "If your boss doesn't kill you then I will," I growled, spitting blood into his face, only for him to walk away for a moment to bring back a blood-covered knife again.

"You stupid bitch," he snapped, placing the knife along my shoulder. "If you're not gonna tell me anything, then I promise that I'll have my fun with you before we both die," he promised, dragging the knife across my back.

I watched as anger filled him and as his eyes shone with pure hatred towards me as I continued to give him the same reaction as before.

"Or maybe I should gut you like a fish," he snarled, running the blade over my abdomen.

Slice after slice. The only reaction that showed my pain was when I scrunched my eyes closed and my mouth set into a firm grimace as I gritted my teeth.