Chapter 32 - A New Moon

Katerina's POV

I lie in bed, wasting as much time as possible, while simultaneously ignoring my brothers' as they occasionally knock at the door throughout the day. Honestly, I'm beginning to feel like the bad guy for ignoring their pleading tones, and each time one of them comes to try to speak with me, it makes my chest tighten every time they give up to my silent responses.

It's been hours since I last opened my door to speak with anyone. Pushing late evening, the sun has already dismissed us for the day in hopes of bringing us a better tomorrow.

If only that were the case.

Again, I feel, and hear, my stomach rumble, yet I refrain from leaving my sanctuary of a room in an attempt at avoiding my family for as long as possible.

Or maybe it's more like a purgatory.

I self-made one, that is.

——

"What the hell do you people want from me?" I snap, holding my ground and my resolve to cave into accepting their apologies as I wrench my door open to end the relentless knocking coming from the other side, revealing the idiots that I, unfortunately, call my brothers. My idiots.

Although standing off to the side, I notice Sebastian as he sends me a sympathetic smile as my brothers smile nervously, some fidgeting slightly under my narrowed gaze. My other idiot. My love.

Wait, what?

"Well," I prompt, watching as they shuffle their feet.

"We brought you some pizza," Sebastiano offers, taking the box of Dominos out of Anthony's hands.

"Uh-uh," he grumbles, pulling the box away from my outstretched hands. "You have to talk to at least one of us first," Bash remarks, sending me a sly grin. This asshole.

"Fine then, you can come in," I grumble, grabbing hold of Sebastiano's wrist and pulling him through the doorway. I snag the pizza box from his grasp as he stumbles into my bedroom; I suppress a smirk as he sends me a dirty look.

"You can't," I challenge, slamming the door in my brothers' faces. My heart pangs again as I catch the sad looks on their faces just before the door closes. I turn away with a frown on my face before setting the box on top of a bath towel on my bed so that I don't risk staining my white duvet.

Maybe I've been spending too much time by myself. God, I'm turning into an even bigger bitch than I normally am.

"Katerina," Sebastiano says soothingly, lightly cupping my cheeks with his palms as he frowns back at me. I meet his gaze, blinking rapidly as I feel a familiar sting in my eyes before dropping my gaze to the floor. "I know that you are mad at them, but let's not make this situation any worse, yeah?" He questions, moving towards the door.

"What are you doing?" I panic, grabbing his wrist once more to stop him.

"Relax, Kate," he assures, meeting my gaze. "You know the rules for me being allowed in here, yes?"

"Of course I remember," I grumble, contemplating locking the door so that my brothers can't barge in rather than leaving the door cracked open so that we aren't breaking one of Michele's stupid rules.

Why should I respect his rules again?

"Fine," I sigh, moving away from the door so that my brothers have no chance of seeing me. "But send them away if they are still there," I bargain, sending a weary glance at the door. I know I'm avoiding the inevitable, but I'm not ready to talk about what happened.