Chapter 23 - A Fleeting Moment

Sebastiano's POV

"Ugh," I groan, dropping to my knees as I clutch my stomach.

"You do realize that you have left yourself completely exposed right now, yeah?" Santiago taunts, looking at me with a wicked grin as he half hops around the wrestling mat, waiting for me to stand again.

"Fuck this shit," I groan, shuffling to my feet as I begin to take off my training gloves. "I'm out."

"Don't play with fire if you can't handle being burned," he smirks, turning to grab his Gatorade.

"I wanted to train with you, bro. Not get my ass kicked because you're pissed that I was talking with your sister," I grumble, grabbing a rag to wipe the sweat off my body.

"And what did we tell you about being around her?" Lorenzo asks, narrowing his eyes at me as he pushes himself off a wall and walks to stand in front of me.

"Look, I'm not starting this shit with you guys again," I say, raising my hands in surrender as I notice that all five DiNozzos are watching me. "I think I'm done for the night, guys. Y'all have fun."

"Later, Seb," Christiano calls before eating a handful of chips.

"Seriously Christiano?" I ask, raising my brows before pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"What?" He shrugs. "I've gotta keep my strength up."

"By eating chips?" Santiago deadpans.

"Yep," he mumbles, eating another handful.

"Get up," Anthony says, snatching the bag from him. "We're going to spar."

Ignoring Christiano's protests, I walk up to Michele, the latter of whom is attacking the punching bag. "Do you mind if I stay here tonight?" I ask, frowning at the weather forecast. "The weather's only getting worse."

"Course, man. You know that you can stay here whenever. Hell, you practically already have a room here, and you used to sleep here almost every night before Katerina came."

"Yeah," I mumble, rubbing the back of my neck. "That was until you told me that I couldn't come here indefinitely."

"Yes, Sebastiano," he says, pausing to look at me, "I remember the conversation we had," Michele states, narrowing his eyes at me slightly while I send him a sheepish smile. "I wanted Katerina to have time to get settled into the house," Michele continues, "and for her to get used to living with the five of us before throwing our friends and family into the mix."

"Oh," I mumble, tilting my head slightly. "That makes sense, I guess. I didn't even think about that."

He nods, giving me a glance before taking my phone so that he, too, can see the forecast for tonight.  "As long as Katerina doesn't mind it, I don't care how often you come around. However, you and the Kingsley boys are definitely staying the night tonight," he comments, passing the phone back to me. "I don't want your death on my conscience if you wreck your car in this storm."

"Yeah, thanks for the concern," I grumble, grabbing my things.

"Oh, and Sebastiano, another thing. I will kill you if you hurt my sister," he threatened, sending me an icy glare.

"Good to know," I mumble, walking towards the door.

"Kingsleys call your parents. You're all staying here tonight," Michele calls, glancing at the four boys.

"Why?" Cody asks as he pants on the treadmill.

"The weather's shit outside, and because I said so."

I don't wait to hear the others' responses as I walk out of the room, heading to the kitchen for a quick snack.