Chapter 27 - Late Night Cuddles

Katerina's POV

Stepping out of the tub, I pull the plug to drain the water before I wrap my towel around my body and do my lady business before getting dressed.

With a sigh, I walk up to the mirror, attempting to ignore my scars and instead staring at the few tattoos that I have gotten over the years to help cover my constant reminders of everything that I have been through. But even with the ink, I still only see the permanent lines and indentations that mar my body.

Tearing my eyes away from my body, I wrap my hair in a towel and change into a pair of lightweight black camo joggers before yanking a cropped black tank top over my head.

Hanging up the towel to let my hair air dry, I walk back into my room before flopping down on the bed for a few minutes, pulling Jethro into my chest for some cuddle time. After a while, I groan, clutching my stomach as my back and stomach again begin to ache.

After several long uncomfortable minutes, I decided to wallow in pain with Sebastian before he decided to come and remind me that Michele wanted him to stay with me until they came home.

Grabbing my phone and a couple of chocolates from my bag of purchases, I begin walking out of my room, pulling on my hoodie.

Well, Lorenzo's hoodie.

Walking down the stairs, I huff, yanking the hoodie over my head as I try to adjust the jacket, but in the process, I manage to drop my phone, watching it tumble down the stairs.

With a sigh, I reach the final step and pick my once shattered and now destroyed phone off the floor.

I groan before attempting to hold down the power button, and I watch as nothing happens.

Great

The only reassuring thing at this moment is that this was my old phone and not the new phone that Michele got me for my birthday, which is still sitting in its box in a desk drawer.

Although, I do worry about one of my brothers trying to call me right now, since my phone, which was already on its last leg, just bit the dust.

Or in this case, it just took a deadly tumble down a flight of stairs.

Sighing, I continue on my way in search of ice cream since I bought another two tubs when I went to the store earlier.

"What are you watching?" I ask, passing the living room to see Sebastian strewn across the sofa cushions.

As the words leave my lips, his gaze snaps to me. I slowly raise my brow in question as he continues to stare at me with a look of regret. Although, after a moment, he seems slightly unsure of what he should say to me.

"The Walking Dead," he replies, frowning slightly as I only hum in response before turning on my heel. "Wait, where are you going now?" He questions, standing abruptly to follow me as I begin to walk out of the room.

"Relax, Sebastiano. I'm just going to the kitchen," I reply as he hurries after me.

"Can we please talk about earlier?" He mumbles, lightly grasping my arm.

"What exactly do you want to talk about, Bash?" I question wearily, glancing at him with a raised brow.

"I know it was a stupid thing to do, Katerina," he rushes out. "I shouldn't have-"

"What gave you the fucking right to go through my things?" I snap, cutting him off. "What made you decide that it was alright to rifle through my stuff rather than simply asking me what I bought?" I demand, before clearing my throat because my rising tone has now attracted the attention of a few guards, who are watching us with curious eyes. Although, after a hard glare from me, they turn away to resume their patrols.