after

2 months ago

Cassidy

"Mhmm" I moaned after I finished and Billie came into me before pulling out and laying next to me, there was silence between us and slight panting after we just made love in my bedroom, I looked over at her facing the ceiling just staring off into space, I cupped her cheek turning her head towards me and smiled at her looking straight into her beautiful blue eyes.

"You okay Billie?"

"Yeah I'm good"

"You sure? You can talk to me"

"I'm okay my love you get some rest" she pulled me onto her chest "I won't be here when you wake up but I'll be here till you fall asleep I have to get home soon"

"You can leave now it's okay" I sat up

"No I wanna be here with you"

"I love you" I smiled at her

"I love you more"

I went down to kiss her lips then laid back on her chest as she cuddled me

"Sweet dreams" she kissed my head

_________

A month after the funeral

I woke up from yet again another nightmare about Billie's death It made me physically sick to my stomach, I immediately got up and ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. It's been 2 months since she committed suicide and It has been making me phiscally and mentally ill, there's not a day where I don't think about it or cry about it. It's been stressing me out till the point where I always eat, or don't eat enough, or I'm not getting much sleep, or I'm getting too much sleep. I took a pregnancy test a month back but it came out negative so I know I'm not pregnant. I can't be pregnant not in this state at least.

I brushed my teeth but kept thinking about it, what if I'm just making Billie's death and these nightmares as an excuse to face what's really happening to my body, I had gotten two pregnancy test thinking I wouldn't need them or never use them but got them just in case. I grabbed them from under the sink, did my business and waited on one to finish. After about five minutes I looked at the pregnancy test and it said positive. I opened another one to make sure and I waited another good 5 minutes but this time I was scared to see the results and I kind of hesitated to look at it but I did and immediately dropped in the sink and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Oh shit oh shit oh shit" I paced back in forth then bursted out in tears bringing my knees to my chest.

Positive again

_________

"Would you like some tea or some coffee or water?" Maggie asked me

"Water is fine" I said

"Coffee please" my dad said

"Okay" she left then came back with a mug for my dad and a glass of ice cold water for me

"So what did you want to tell us?" Maggie said sitting down next to Patrick, also Finneas and Claudia were here.

"Um I-I" I cleared my throat not able to get the words out so I grabbed the glass of water taking a sip before setting it back down with a shaky hand because I was so nervous to tell them but the truth needed to come out.

"Take your time" my dad told me because he already knew what was going on and he fully supported me.

"...I'm pregnant" I finally said over stuttering words and tears that fell from my eyes and everybody's facial expressions changed

"I'm going to become an uncle?"

"I don't know if I could keep this baby Finneas" I wiped a tear

"It's my daughters baby too" Maggie said

"Billie is dead and I don't know if I could raise this kid on my own"

"Then give the baby to us"

"W-what?"

"Maggie it's her decision" Patrick said

"I know but that baby is the only thing I have left of my daughter"

"I just need time okay?"

"Time for what?"

"To think" I grabbed my stuff and walked out

__________

"Hey you okay?" My dad asked me

"Yeah" I wiped my tears

"What are you thinking about?"

"...I think I wanna raise it, I'm guessing my mother's instincts kicked in and I don't want it to turn out just like Billie did, I'm not saying they were bad parents I'm saying this Is also Billie's kid and they might be able to handle it like they couldn't handle Billie, It's my kid too."

"I understand Cassidy and that's a reasonable excuse, we all have feelings towards what we want and you want what you think is best for your baby and I say follow that instinct you can only have one of Billie's kids and I understand that you don't want to fail it" he kissed my head

"Thanks dad"

"Bring it in"

I smiled and I hugged him