Visit

I walked through the cemetery with my daughter in my arms heading towards Billie's grave stone and sat right in front of it, I wasn't brave enough to come here after her death but I found the courage today to just sit down and talk at least. I traced over Billie's name trying to hold back tears, I took a breath then looked down at Darcy who was looking up at me with those big blue eyes that looked just like Billie's.

"Hi Billie, I miss you and I know you miss me too, this is Darcy our daughter, after your death I found out that I was pregnant, isn't she beautiful? She looks just like you more than she looks like me but that's okay, she has your eyes I can't stop staring at them. She's a month now and I wish you were here to see her, but I know you're probably looking down at her and watching over her. I don't want to stay too long because I don't want her catching a cold in this winter, but happy birthday and...I love you...always" I sat a set of rosses I picked up in a small cup when I noticed something, a peice of paper I took it out and carefully opened it but what I read made my stomach drop

COME FIND ME

Written in all caps with the date under it from 10 months ago, this has to be some sort of sick prank or joke I thought so I shoved it into my pocket and started walking out of the cemetery until I almost accidentally bumped into somebody.

"Cassidy?" A fimilar voice said

"Richard" I took a step back making sure Darcy was okay in her sling and I saw her peacefully asleep on my chest

"You had a baby?"

"Are you going to judge me because if you are I don't need it plus what are you doing here are you the one pranking me?"

"Okay one no I wasn't judging you and two what prank?"

"You put a letter by Billie's grave didn't you?"

"I have no idea what you are talking about"

"Don't play dumb why are you here?"

"I'm visiting my grandmother" he pointed at something and I saw his family there by a grave "I saw you so I wanted to check on you"

"Oh shit I feel like an idiot I'm sorry"

"Don't be I was a complete dick to you and I should've treated you better, when I saw how happy Billie made you I got Jealous and I did and said stupid shit so I wanted to apologize to you..the both of you" he looked over at Billie's grave, if Billie were still alive she would punch him right in his face but it was up to me to make a decision.

"I don't think I could fully forgive you but thank you, It's cold out here can I go now I don't want her getting sick"

"Of course" he stepped out of the way

"Wait before I go do you have a pen and paper?"

"Oh yeah actually I do" he pulled out a small notebook and a pen

"Thank you" I wrote something down in it, ripped it out, folded it and put it into the cup

"oh Cassidy?"

"Yeah?"

"It's good to see you"

"...Bye Richard"

I walked to my car and strapped my baby in her car seat and then got into the drivers seat and drove off, I couldn't stop thinking about the note, is this a prank?, or is it real? Is it who I think it is? Or is it who I want it to be?

_________

"I sighed finally getting off my late night shift as a waitress, I'm also in college and work minimum wage to help out my dad, I feel bad that he has to pay for everything no matter how many times he tells me it's fine. I drove pass the cemetery and my thoughts of the nose came back into my head so I decided to get out and go check on it and realized that the note was replaced with a green paper, I grabbed It and left the cemetery going back into my car opening it and reading it.

How would you know it's a joke if you've never looked at what's been right under your noses?

Sorry this is kind of short but I hope you've been catching on😅

Any predictions?

Any thoughts?

Any questions?🤔