14. Reporter

School ended hours ago but Fox was just leaving the building to go home. He had to stay back awhile to sort out classes before the sports festival just so Shouta didn't have to do it tomorrow when he comes back.

Fox was walking beside a park when he saw the reporters, He watch from the corner of his eye as they approached him. He normally hated reporters/paparazzi but this time he was glad. He had something he wanted to say.

"Canine! Pro-hero Canine!" He stopped when he heard the reporter's voice up close. Letting them catch up. Fox turned and gave them a small smile, ignoring the flashing lights of the cameras.

A reporter shoved his mic into Fox's face, "Canine! Could you please tell us your thoughts on how the public is viewing you right now?" Good question, Fox thought.

Fox rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled. "I'm kinda glad you asked that. Uhm...I know some people don't think of me as a hero, they just think of me as a little kid playing dress up or some shit like that. I honestly don't care that they think that, I just care about how they don't trust me. As a pro-hero I want everyone to believe in me and trust me enough to seek me out when they need help. I know I've lost people's trust in my recent events...

And I just want to say how sorry I am for that happening. As a hero, I should know that not everything can go my way and that I do need to rely on my fellow heroes. I should know that I can't face everything myself like I forget I'm still sixteen y'know? I know this is such a bullshit excuse and I hate to say it but I am still learning to be a hero, I'm technically still a kid but I am still trying my best. I just...I wish I could put into words how sorry I am to the people involved."

Fox knew the apology sounded like bullshit but he didn't know how to put his feelings into words.

Just when the reporter was about to respond, another one pushed her way to the front and shoved the mic into Fox's face. Fox took a step back to create space but the reporter took a step forward.

"Canine! You can't blame your mistakes on being a kid! You aren't even a kid you are a pro hero! You should act like on you damn mutt!"

Fox took a deep breath. 'mutt' was used as a derogatory term for people with dog quirks, even though he had a Fox quirk people still called him it. He didn't care but he didn't want this lady to say it to his face.

"I know it isn't an excuse I didn't mean for it to come across that way."

The lady didn't care and continued to scream at Fox. "It's always Canine in the news for bad things! When's the last time you've been in the news for saving someone huh? It's all 'Canine attacked blah blah blah' or 'Pro hero Canine destroys a building'!"

Okay, Fox did not destroy a building. The most he's done is destroy walls and that's because he got flung into them!

Fox was about to respond but the lady cut in first. "Your nothing but an animal, huh?"

Fuck. Fox couldn't care about being called a mutt but being called an animal? It kinda stung.

He decided to remove himself from the situation and walk away. Whilst walking away, he could still hear the Lady screaming profanities at him.

Suddenly her voice was close and then he felt a pain shoot from his lower back. He spun around and saw the Lady tightly gripping his tail. It was common knowledge to never pull an animal's tail,  which went for quirk users too. Fox couldn't do anything to the woman, she could twist the story so he decided to try to wiggle his tail out of her hold.

She pulled harder and Fox visibly winced. "Aw don't tell me this shit hurts? Am I hurting you doggy? Do you need a pat on the head to make you feel better?" She mocked.

Fox decided it hurt too much so he lightly pushed her hand away. She acted like he ripped her hand off as soon as he touched her. She clutched her hand to her chest and screamed.

"Did you see that? He tried ripping my hand off! He assaulted me!"

Fox murmured a little 'sorry' and quickly walked away.

When he got far away, he took out his phone and silent. He knew there was going to be something on the news so it was better to turn his phone off. He decided he would rather go to his 'safe spot' instead of going home, he quickly turned a few corners and approached a forest.

Not many people knew this put Fox could turn into a Fox. He used to do it a lot when he was younger too get out of things Hizashi wanted to do but as he got older, he used it as an escape. He was thankful his clothes shifted with him so when he shifted back, he wasn't naked.

He shifts and runs to the familiar large tree and sits below it. It was well hidden and not many people came here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fox eventfully fell asleep but woke up a few hours later. He shifted back and checked his phone,

He had a a fuck ton of missed called from Hizashi, Shouta and his agency.

Oh fuck.

===========================================================

So sorry for the super late update! I was away for a couple night aha

ALSO thank you so much for 1k reads! I appreciate it so much :)))

The upload schedule is still once a week!

Stay tuned :D