CHAPTER 6

BEING HELD BY THE PAST.

Marcella's POV

It's been two months since Kelvin went missing, two months since my trial got canceled, two months since my attempted gang rape. And everyone seems to be moving on just fine, everyone except me.

"Emoghena," My mom called out to me as she sat on my bed, I didn't hear coming in so I was a little bit startled. You studied me for a while and sighed.

"Mummy Good Afternoon." I greeted but she said nothing to me, she kept on studying me as if she was trying to pass her message through eye contact. Well I don't need to be told why she was here, for the past two months it's been the same topic over and over again.

"I got a call from your school," she said "Again." Like I said, this won't be the first time we were talking about this topic and it always ended in the same, with the same conclusion.

"They are asking if they are to cancel your student membership or you would be resuming soon," she added with a raised brow "so what's the answer going to be this time?"

"I am not ready yet Mom" I sighed and she nodded. She sat quietly on my bed and said nothing.

"I knew that was going to be your reply and that is absolutely fine with me. But, you are going to start receiving therapy," She said after a while.

"But Mom I ..."

"There's no but here Emoghena, it's been two months since you stepped out of this house, you don't even step out of your room," She said interrupting me.

"I understand what you are going through, I sincerely understand but how long do you plan on staying locked up in your room?"  She continued. I never planned on staying locked up in my room but the thought of running into people most especially boys, sends me into a panic attack.

I didn't want to be a part of the human world anymore, I didn't want to live anymore, but I have to.

"Please darling, I just want you to get over this," My mom said touching my shoulder, I didn't notice her coming, causing me to shudder at her touch. She removed her hands from my shoulder and muttered an apology, she was visibly hurt.

"Mom I didn't mean ..."

"I understand darling," she said, "we will be out in the next 10 minutes, you can come down and have your breakfast."

Now I felt hurt, they thought I was afraid of them and as such they've been giving me space. And I thought they just had busy schedules that had them being in a haste but they were all trying to avoid me. Ouch!

***
Just as mom had said, the following day I was standing in front of a therapy institution. I followed closely behind mom grasping her hands each time we ran into someone. This was torture.

We stopped in front of a door with a name tag that read: 'Dr.Van'.

We knocked and a male voice from the inside asked us in. As soon as Mom opened the door my breathing seized. Sitting behind a desk was Dr. Van. No Dr. Van wasn't a lady, Dr. Van was a Man, a very very young man.

As he stood up to welcome us, my grasp on mom tightened, my heartbeat increased as he started walking towards us smiling, my legs weakened and I fell to the floor but his steps increased, he was running to help me up but the he closer got, the most I panicked.

I was trying to catch my breath while crying, Mom had signalled to him not to come any closer and he just stood there watching mom trying to calm me down.

"She's Andro phobic?" He asked behind mom.

"Yes," Mom replied without looking at him "Breath princess, breath," she said calming me.