2.Fugitive 101

After Eden left, you started to plan ways to escape. There were times when guards would check up on you, and you decided to take advantage of it.

'Prison guards usually had a universal key to all of the cells' you leaned against the cell bars and stuck both of your arms out of them, ' if I could get a guard to stand here... I could easily choke them out...' you hummed to yourself and decided to wait until the nightly inspection to act on your plan.

-

You leaned against the bars as the guard walked around, checking the other cells. When he looked at your cell, you gave him a 'sweet' smile and waved him over. He seemed to think for a while and deemed your actions to be a bit questionable, so he came closer to the bars to investigate.

You smiled at him as he looked at you through the bars with an arched brow as if asking what you wanted. You stood silently and stared at him blankly, a smile still plastered on your face. He looked irritated that you wasted his time and went to turn away, and as he did, your arms shot out and wrapped around his neck. You made sure to cover his mouth. So his yells were muffled while you suffocated him. He thrashed around and tried to reach for his sword, and you squeezed harder. You felt him go limp, and you let out a sigh of relief as you loosened your grip, Letting him slide to the ground. You grabbed the key from his belt and unlocked your cell door.

You pushed the door open and pulled the unconscious man in. You took his sword to defend yourself if needed and locked him in the cell.

'I have to be as quiet as possible if I want to get out of here alive.' you thought as you peeked around the corner. A guard was standing there, his back facing towards you. He had a large build, and you doubted you could knock him unconscious.

You glanced at the sword in your hand and walked toward him quietly. You raised the sword and closed your eyes as you swung downwards. The sound of the man hitting the ground and the feeling of warm blood on your feet made you cringe. " I'm sorry.."You whispered, " I'm so sorry." You gripped the sword tightly and started to walk.

Everything felt like a blur after that. Some guards tried to stop you, but you just cut them down without a second thought as you made your way to freedom. You stood at the entrance of the dungeon in a daze. You pushed the door open and stared at the forest outside. Everything felt unreal, the fact that you killed someone... No, that you killed people didn't seem to bother you as much as you thought it should. You started to walk towards the forest, and you continued to walk. You mindlessly made your way through the woods. The feeling of twigs and rocks underneath your feet was the only thing that grounded you. There was a river in front of you, and you stopped. It was flowing away from the kingdom, away from her.

Exhaustion hit you at that moment, and your legs gave in. You fell into the water.

You tried your hardest to reach the surface, but it felt like something was dragging you down. You started to lose consciousness as water entered your lungs. Then everything went black.

-

You woke up to the sound of birds and grass underneath you. You sat up and looked around. The sword you'd stolen was next to you, and your clothes were soaking wet. You seemed to be in a wooded area, far from Arcadia. You wondered where you ended up at.

After sitting down and thinking for a while, you decided to get up and explore. The woods around you were calm, and there wasn't an animal in sight. It left you with an odd feeling. As you continued to venture through the foliage. It only seemed to get quieter. The only sound you heard was your breathing and your footsteps. ' Yeah, Uhm, no...' you thought as you proceeded to turn around to backtrack.

You felt your heart drop to your stomach once you did. The path you had taken into the woods was overgrown with vines and thorns. They seemed to be alive as they slowly reached their way to you. You mentally blanked as the vines began to form into an obtuse humanoid shape, with thorn-covered vines that acted as muscle and a red bulb as its head. The giant red bulb slowly opened and revealed rows of teeth like thorns, along with a gigantic yellow eyeball that stared down at you hungrily.

You slowly backed away from it, gripping the sword you had tightly. ' Think [Name], It's either I fight this damned thing, I run away, or I die a painful death.' you paused for a moment and looked at the monster's face' the rows of thorns caused you to blanch, ' You know, never mind, I'm not gonna die...right?'

You turned on your heels and began to run. The sound of the monster chasing behind you caused your anxiety to spike, and while running, you glanced behind you. Stupid choice- you tripped over a tree branch and landed on your stomach. You tried to get up, but one of the monster's vines wrapped around your left leg. And it hurt like hell due to it being covered in razor-sharp thorns. You let out a distressed cry as the vine tightened its grip, trying to pull you towards the tangle of vines. You turned your body and tried to kick your leg free, but the thorns only embedded themselves further into your leg, and you realized it was useless. You quickly swung your sword down and cut the vine that connected you to the creature. It let out an angry screech and staggered backward. You stood up and started to limp away.

You felt sluggish and tired suddenly. You guessed it was from the monster's thorns, a sedative meant to slow prey down. Your vision slowly started to blur as your muscles began to tense. You could make out the figure of something before you but chalked it as being a tree. You slowly began to lose consciousness.

As you fell forward, your head landed on something somewhat soft. You felt someone's arms wrap around you and a comfortable warmth emitting from them. Then everything faded to black again.