4.Unexpected and Unwelcome Guest

Eden sat in her room reading a book on one of the many plush chairs provided for her. She let out a content sigh and picked up her cup of tea, but to take a sip. But one of her ladies-in-waiting burst into the room hysterical, " Princess! [name] has escaped!" Eden dropped the teacup, the cup shattering as it made contact with the floor. She looked at her lady-in-waiting, Isabelle, with an unreadable expression- her blue eyes went dim, and her blonde hair appeared ghastly white.

"What did you say?" Her voice was flat and empty of life, causing Isabelle to shiver in fear. "[N-name] [L.name] has escaped from the castle dungeon" Eden stood up and looked at the poor girl with lifeless eyes, " Have the knights begun their search for her ?" Isabelle teared up and whimpered, "yes, they have." Eden turned away from her, "Leave" Isabelle looked at the remains of the teacup scattered on the ground " Princess, let me call the mai-" "I SAID, LEAVE!" Eden clenched her fist, a scowl present on her face. Isabelle bowed before quickly leaving the room, shutting the door behind her. She started to pace around her chamber, 'How could she have escaped? She was supposed to die! ' Eden began to pull at her hair in fury, 'She was supposed to die! she can't live!' She dropped to her knees, ' I have to be the special one! she can't get in my way. She's always trying to take everything from me! I already had to serve as her damned maid at her estate. Why does she always try to ruin things!!' She began to slam her fist on the ground angrily before stopping abruptly. 'If no one else can kill her.' she thought while a smile spread across her face, " ill just have to kill her myself." She whispered, a malicious grin on her face.

-

You sneezed and brought your hand up to wipe your nose. It's been a day since you fled from Arcadia- wait, it's only been a day. How did Eza already know about you escaping? You were torn from your thoughts when you heard tapping on the window behind you. You got up to investigate what it was, only to see a large ebony bird with yellow eyes staring at you. You opened the window and looked down at the bird quizzically, you were about to scare it off, but a strong gust of wind stopped you.

You squinted your eyes and used your arms to shield your face. You felt the wind die down, and you lowered your arms, only for your chin to be grabbed and gently pushed upwards. Your eyes shot up, and your heart skipped a beat when your [e/c] eyes met golden yellow eyes. Strands of his long ebony hair fluttered in the wind, and his ivory skin seemed to glow in the sunlight. You felt your face grow warm as you gaped at the devilishly handsome man standing before you.

You let out a flustered squeak and backed away from the man quickly, but you tripped over your feet and fell on your ass while doing so. You sat on the floor in a disorganized, flustered mess. You were able to form coherent thoughts after a minute, ' Eza Azzor.' you thought while glancing up at the stupidly attractive man, 'The Demon King and the final villain of GOE. Known for being callous, cunning, and manipulative.'

The man in front of you had an amused smirk plastered on his face as he stared down at you. He leaned forward and placed his pointer finger on your forehead, strands of his hair falling past his shoulders, "You do know who I am, right?" He asked while slightly tilting his head. You hesitantly nodded, "Strange, most humans would be wallowing in dread while begging me for their lives." His golden eyes scrutinized you, "Yet I sense not a once of fear coming from you."

You gathered every ounce of courage you had., " Why should I be afraid?" Eza quirked his brow at you, " If you wanted to harm me in any way, I'm sure you would've done it already." " A smart one, aren't you?" You wanted to change the subject, so you averted your eyes away from him.

"Also, why are you in my house?" Eza looked at you smugly, "Your house?" You deadpanned at him, "Y'know what I mean, why are you here?" Eza turned his head and sighed dramatically, and held up a basket. "I was here to show hospitality and give you food...but" He side-eyed you, " Said human I was being oh so generous to doesn't want me here."