3.Night terrors

"Mom?" You only stared in shock at the glowing figure in front of you. Your mom, not the one you gained after dying, the one who cared for you during your first life. She began to walk away from you. You tried to chase after her. But you got pulled back violently. You looked down to see chains binding you to the ground by your arms and legs.

You looked up again only to be greeted by a crowd of people with deformed faces, all twisted into evil grins. You looked around and panicked as you realized a guillotine was in front of you. Two guards pushed you forward and forced your head downwards. You looked up at one of the guards and realized it was the first guard you killed. He looked at you with malice, blood trickling down his forehead, and closed the top half of the stock. The people started to cheer happily, their faces becoming more deformed as their smiles widened.

People started to loudly chant ' behead the traitor ' as you began crying, "I didn't do anything wrong! " the people kept shouting ' traitor' at you as you sobbed, screaming at them to stop. The man beside you cut the rope holding the blade in place- but then you woke up.

You shot up and looked around in a panic. Your hands shot up to your neck, and you caressed your neck, trying to calm yourself. You began to calm down again and finally noticed where you were. You started to panic again as you looked around, absorbing more details. You were lying in a soft bed on a wall adjacent to an open door. The bedroom had little to nothing in it. You pushed yourself off the bed and winced once your feet touched the soft rug underneath the bed.

Your wounded leg still hurts like hell but is wrapped in bandages. Someone had cleaned it up for you. You slowly limped towards the door and peeked around the corner. The house was empty. There was a small table in the center of the room, a folded lying note on it. You looked around cautiously before making your way to the table. You picked up the letter, unfolded it, and began to read it.

You fainted on me after running away from a Thorntooth. I don't usually take pity on humans, but after that bloody massacre you caused in Arcadia, I'm somewhat interested in your abilities.

Stay alive. Until we meet again.

-Eza Azzor

After reading the note, you felt your soul leave your body. Eza Azzor, the demon king, the villain of Garden Of Eden, was interested in you. You set the note back on the table, a shadow cast over your face. ' i don't know if I should laugh or cry. ' you thought as you stared at the note, ' I'm going to lay back down ' you turned around and dragged yourself back to the bedroom and passed out again.

-

You woke up groggy and hungry, the sun was still up, and it was warm outside. So you got up and started to search for food around the house.

You opened the last of the floor cabinets, and it was unsurprisingly empty. You let out an annoyed groan while pulling yourself up from the floor. You checked through all of the storage spaces in the house, and all of them were empty. So you had to hunt and scavenge food while injured. It sounded like hell, but what were you supposed to do? Starve? You opened the door to the cabin and walked outside. You looked around the house and noticed a berry bush planted underneath a tree. You curiously went to investigate the bush, purely out of hunger.

You picked one of the berries and rolled it between your fingers. It looked like a regular blueberry to you, so you ate it. It was sweet and had a bit of bitterness, so you ate more of the berries. After stuffing your face, you went back into the house.

You decided to lay on the floor and contemplate life because there was nothing else you could do.

-

" your highness." A woman with light pink hair stepped out of the shadows and bowed." the human girl you sent me to monitor seems to be doing well. But..." the woman paused before continuing, " she's still injured and has no way of scavenging for food."

"Well, I suppose you should get her some food, should you not?"

The woman paused before nodding, "I'll gather fruits, vegetables, and meats for the human. And ill-" "No, I'll deliver it to her."

The woman stared at him in shock, " Lilith, you're dismissed. " the woman bowed her head in respect before slinking back into the shadows, disappearing.

The man gazed at a glass orb in front of him with a warm smile. The globe he was looking at projected the image of a [h/c] person rolling around on the ground.

He chuckled and then waved his hand over the orb, the image disappearing after he did.