5. Slow days

Succubi are female demons who feed off the lust of sleeping men. Eza's mother, Rozé, a succubus, was in an affair with Eza's father, Sorin, The Emporer of Arcadia. Sorin got her pregnant with his first child and cast her off to the side to hide her from the public eye. Sorin hid her away to "protect her." Rozé died during childbirth, leaving Eza to fend for himself. The servants treated Eza horribly because of his demonic blood. Sorin couldn't help because his second son, Sol, was born shortly after his first birthday. Eza was an illegitimate child. He had no one to support him in the Arcadian Empire. When he was ten, he discovered his affinity for dark magic and went berserk, injuring multiple servants and even killing one.

He ran away after that, never to be seen or heard from for years. Nine years later, he became the King of Demons after cutting down their tyrant ruler, Kronos.

He ruled over the demons for six years until the beginning of the game.

Eden, the daughter of a baron, worked as a maid for the game's villainess, [Name] [L. Name], she was mistreated by OG [Name] until she discovered her high affinity for light magic. She gets accepted into the church as a saintess and eventually marries Sol. During their honeymoon. The original [Name] tries and fails to assassinate Eden. She gets beheaded, and her family gets stripped of their titles and banished from the empire.

Eden and Sol live out a happy marriage-

The sound of soft taps distracts you. You stop writing and look towards the window. Eza, in his bird form, was staring at you through the glass. He taps the window with his beak again and waits for you to open it. You close the book, stand, and walk to the window slowly. You stared down at Eza with a grimace. It's been two weeks since you've had dinner together- and now he makes it his job to visit you and drop off food. But for some reason, he keeps coming in through the window.

You open the window, and he flies in, transforming into his human form. You huff and cross your arms, " Why do you keep coming in through the window?" Eza set the basket down on the table, his back facing you. He chuckles, " You let me in, so does it matter?" he notices your diary on the table and picks it up. You instinctively walk over to him and try to snatch it out of his hand, only for him to raise it above your head. You glare at him and mentally curse him for being tall, " That's a little rude. You could've just asked me to hand it to you."

You glare at him, slightly irked, " Could you please hand me my diary." He smiles at you, " What if I don't want to."

You scowl at him, " I will kick you in your shins" He chuckles and lowers his arm, setting the book atop your head, " A feisty one, aren't you?"

He turns and strides toward the front door leaving you confused, " You're leaving already?" he stops, " I'll be busy for a few days. My assistant will drop off your food." He turns to you and smiles, "I'll send letters just in case you get lonely" You snort and roll your eyes,

" Not a chance." He sighs dramatically and opens the door, " How your words wound me." He steps out of the house and closes the door behind him. You stand and stare at the door before grumbling under your breath. Eza's supposed to be this scary wicked demon monarch who hates all humans, yet for the past week, he's been hanging around you and treating you as if you were close friends. You weren't sure if this was a way for him to get close to you so he could use you for information. Or if he was genuinely interested in you. You shake your head and sigh. You didn't feel like thinking about that right now- you had to finish writing. You sat back down at the table and opened your diary. You dipped your pen in the ink jar and resumed writing.

Eden and Sol live out a happy marriage until Eza declares war on the arcadian empire.

-